Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Raiola retained. (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Quarterback
I will choke you harder than Mickey!
choking sasha grey GIF

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I honestly don't think any OL coach could have done much with the fucksticks we have on our OL roster. Our two best OL talents are Prochazka and Nouilli and both were out this year. W/o those two, i believe Nebraska had the worst OL personnel in the Big Ten.

The biggest issue with Raiola (as Mike Schaefer pointed out) was that he couldn't bring 2-3 OL players with him from the portal. Applewhite brought Ajay with him, etc (and Mathis too in a way). Raiola didn't have college connections so he couldn't bring anyone in the portal. That killed us bc if he could have even brought ONE OL starter that could have helped a ton.

I'm sure Raiola is gone... but TBH I actually don't hold this year's OL play against him too much. I think the talent he inherited sucks absolute donkey cock. I honestly don't know if he's a good OL coach or a terrible OL coach. Our players looked so fuckin retarded I think it goes beyond what a coach can actually influence (who's the one guy who doesn't move ever? Was that Banks? He legit plays like he's on the take)
There’s also the fact that @slattimer said he coaches them incorrectly with hand placement. It’s obvious who the hire should be…

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
There’s also the fact that @slattimer said he coaches them incorrectly with hand placement. It’s obvious who the hire should be…
He teaches thumbs inside, which I think I've heard maybe one or two other coaches ever talk about hand placement that way.

Most everything I've ever learned or been taught is thumbs up and the tip of the spear method, thumbs out in like a "W"

I don't know if I'd call it incorrect, but it's definitely contrary to what most OL coaches teach.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
Our players looked so fuckin retarded I think it goes beyond what a coach can actually influence (who's the one guy who doesn't move ever? Was that Banks? He legit plays like he's on the take)
Benhart #54 Dude whiffed on blocks a lot then would jog around in circles. He was also the guy that gave up the field goal block a few games ago when he didn't even get out of a stance during the play.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He teaches thumbs inside, which I think I've heard maybe one or two other coaches ever talk about hand placement that way.

Most everything I've ever learned or been taught is thumbs up and the tip of the spear method, thumbs out in like a "W"

I don't know if I'd call it incorrect, but it's definitely contrary to what most OL coaches teach.
He could be the worst OL coach in P5. Or he could be average. Or he could be decent. My point is IDK.

I'm certain he won't be back mainly because he doesn't have a recruiting area of the country that he "owns". Rhule seems to be picking guys based on this. That should mean it's curtains for Donovan.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Benhart #54 Dude whiffed on blocks a lot then would jog around in circles. He was also the guy that gave up the field goal block a few games ago when he didn't even get out of a stance during the play.
Benhart! LOL

Plays like he's on the take & owes the bookies $900k. Actually a bookie would come back to him after watching that video and be like "you're making it too obvious. at least TRY to make it look realistic. You legit don't move sometimes"

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Benhart! LOL

Plays like he's on the take & owes the bookies $900k. Actually a bookie would come back to him after watching that video and be like "you're making it too obvious. at least TRY to make it look realistic. You legit don't move sometimes"
If someone actually proved there were multiple people on the take, it would be the only thing (obviously they just suck) that makes any sense for last year. So many wtf moments from so many dudes.

Dear_Leader

Defensive Lineman
I honestly don't think any OL coach could have done much with the fucksticks we have on our OL roster. Our two best OL talents are Prochazka and Nouilli and both were out this year. W/o those two, i believe Nebraska had the worst OL personnel in the Big Ten.

The biggest issue with Raiola (as Mike Schaefer pointed out) was that he couldn't bring 2-3 OL players with him from the portal. Applewhite brought Ajay with him, etc (and Mathis too in a way). Raiola didn't have college connections so he couldn't bring anyone in the portal. That killed us bc if he could have even brought ONE OL starter that could have helped a ton.

I'm sure Raiola is gone... but TBH I actually don't hold this year's OL play against him too much. I think the talent he inherited sucks absolute donkey cock. I honestly don't know if he's a good OL coach or a terrible OL coach. Our players looked so fuckin retarded I think it goes beyond what a coach can actually influence (who's the one guy who doesn't move ever? Was that Banks? He legit plays like he's on the take)
It was Benhart. Would just watch players go past him. Banks just hit the portal.

Never know if Raiola was good or not. He was assistant coach in the league for the literal worst offensive line in years. And not college. Quite unknown still.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
According to HOL, recruiting staffer (and former NU OL) Keith Williams* is out and about today visiting our lineman recruits, such as Sledge.
In other words, Raiola is not making recruiting visits to OL commits. This makes me think he is not going to be Rhule's line coach.

* not to be confused with former WR coach Uncle Keith Williams.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds