Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Why was Raiola retained? Are we destined to suck forever? (1 Viewer)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can someone who understands line play more than me knowing our OL got knocked on their ass every single snap and let free rushers take down CT every third snap please explain to me the merits of keeping Raiola? Maybe @slattimer

I mean I trust corch Fatt Matt knows what he’s doing here, but for one of the sticking points in the negotiations to allegedly have been assistant salary pool and then bring in this group of..less than nationally regarded assistants… like what is happening here? Is it just that when a corch walks in north stadium half of his football brain 🏈 🧠 goes to mush and decides to do dumb shit? Is Rhule trying to get “his guys” paid? If that’s the case the Raiola hire makes less sense.

I think we are just destined to suck forever. Good corches just die here. All my pea brain knows is that the offensive line couldn’t even handle basic assignments of picking up a stunt or blitz. How are endless blown responsibilities not the OL corch’s fault?

I was fired up for Corch Fatt Matt, but my confidence is waning. Someone talk me off the ledge.

Last edited:

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can someone who understands line play more than me
You've just eliminated 99% of the tweets tonight on RSS, IN and 247.

I'd love to get an actual OL coach's perspective on this.... but the threads are dominated by people who don't know donkey dick about coaching OL. So 99% of the shit you read tonight is worthless IMHO.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Can someone who understands line play more than me knowing our OL got knocked on their ass every single snap and let free rushers take down CT every third snap please explain to me the merits of keeping Raiola? Maybe @slattimer

I mean I trust corch Fatt Matt knows what he’s doing here, but for one of the sticking points in the negotiations to allegedly have been assistant salary pool and then bring in this group of..less than nationally regarded assistants… like what is happening here? Is it just that when a corch walks in north stadium half of his football brain 🏈 🧠 goes to mush and decides to do dumb shit? Is Rhule trying to get “his guys” paid? If that’s the case the Raiola hire makes less sense.

I think we are just destined to suck forever. Good corches just die here. All my pea brain knows is that the offensive line couldn’t even handle basic assignments of picking up a stunt or blitz. How are endless blown responsibilities not the OL corch’s fault?

I was fired up for Corch Fatt Matt, but my confidence is waning. Someone talk me off the ledge.
He was trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
ferris buellers day off ugh GIF

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He was trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Can you give a technical breakdown of what he did well as an OL coach this year and why the constant busts weren’t his fault? You can dumb it down a bit for me because like I said I won’t pretend to know much about coaching OL. But would love to hear his merits from a “football perspective”

TIA.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can you give a technical breakdown of what he did well as an OL coach this year and why the constant busts weren’t his fault? You can dumb it down a bit for me because like I said I won’t pretend to know much about coaching OL. But would love to hear his merits from a “football perspective”

TIA.
To preface: I hate this hire and feel like we should have gone for someone with a more proven track record.

Now the part I could get hate for: I can understand why people may give him the benefit of the doubt. The only way he was gonna be respected by the fans as a coach is if he performed Jesus-level miracles with that line this year. Then he goes and loses his top guard and tackle right off the bat. He could be an awesome coach, could be a shit coach or could be an average coach, I don't know. But I do know he was pretty well fucked either way.

And fwiw I dont know shit about line play but it did seem like things got a bit better towards the end of the year. Still sucked, but maybe sucked less.

Last edited:

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

I've got a couple projects I'm working on, I'll add this to the list and see If I can put something together with some film.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Remember when Hixson didn't block anyone for a couple seconds, then decided to block his teammate because Raiola taught our boys how to be aggressive. Less thinking, more aggression.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds