Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Raiola: "I always knew Nebraska was in my blood." (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Remember a few years ago (during the Riley era, I think) when we were hot after a 5-star OL and in the final two and thought we had a chance before he announced to Stanford? (Looked it up. It was Foster Sarell in the 2017 class. Stanford got three 5-stars that year. Damn)

Then in his announcement presser he talks about how he was a lifelong Stanford fan and it was his dream to play for them and Nebraska fans were like...
Mad Work GIF

I wonder if that's how Georgia fans are feeling after reading stuff like this:

GCXg6mgWIAAatCd

5-star Dylan Raiola talks signing with the Huskers: "I knew that Nebraska was always in my blood."​

The legacy recruit talks about growing up inside Memorial Stadium and why he ultimately decided to decommit from two-time defending national champion Georgia to try and help restore glory at Nebraska.

247Sports’s No. 1 ranked quarterback Dylan Raiola, Nebraska’s five-star signee and jewel of the 2024 recruiting class, has literally grown up inside Memorial Stadium. And it was a terrific childhood.

From catching routes on air, to wrestling in the end zone with his older sister Taylor, little brother Dayton and father Dominic, and of course attending the games, the family had those privileges because of what the elder Raiola did on that field. He was an All-American and college football’s 2000 Rimington Award winner given to the nation’s top center.

“The Tunnel Walk, it never gets old,” Dylan said. “That’s one of the best things in college football.”

Good story by Steve Wiltfong at 247. Link (no paywall)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Good article.

I tend to take a 17-18 year-old's explanation with a grain of salt - at that age, every choice you make feels like it was inevitable after the fact. Like Dylan obviously had a strong emotional pull to Nebraska, and was probably especially open to/looking for reasons to pick the Huskers. But there are plenty of things that can make a recruit choose a place other than the spot their heart may be tugging them.

If one of those factors wins out, the quote goes like "Nebraska has always been a special place to me, and I have great friendships there, but the opportunities at Georgia were so unique, and I was so close to the staff, I knew that it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance that was the best place for me to to accomplish all of my goals."

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good article.

I tend to take a 17-18 year-old's explanation with a grain of salt - at that age, every choice you make feels like it was inevitable after the fact. Like Dylan obviously had a strong emotional pull to Nebraska, and was probably especially open to/looking for reasons to pick the Huskers. But there are plenty of things that can make a recruit choose a place other than the spot their heart may be tugging them.

If one of those factors wins out, the quote goes like "Nebraska has always been a special place to me, and I have great friendships there, but the opportunities at Georgia were so unique, and I was so close to the staff, I knew that it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance that was the best place for me to to accomplish all of my goals."
Lol most adults rationalize shit after the fact all the time

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Good article.

Of course. And we would have had the haughty know-it-alls telling us "He was never coming to Nebraska."

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds