Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Rahmir Johnson and Gabe Ervin Both Out For Season (2 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not trying to say that he’s fucked or anything, that was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw dislocated hip. If I remember right, he got really unlucky and when it popped back in it pinched a nerve or something that really screwed him up.
What was so bad about Jackson’s injury? His hip dislocation wasn’t the problem. Instead, it was what happened in the aftermath of the injury.

During his recovery, Jackson developed a bone disease called avascular necrosis (AVN). It’s what can happen when the blood supply to the bone is disrupted. When the ball is pulled from the socket, blood vessels are torn or stretched in a way that reduces blood flow.

As bone dies off, it leaves the hip ball with what are essentially potholes. Soon, the cartilage in the joint collapses, creating a bone-on-bone situation that creates significant pain when the hip moves. The only solution at that point is a hip replacement.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
That wasn't defending Frost spedsker, just shouldn't be surprised when you're an APB and being played as one
My issue with that is the abuse that Robinson was taking trying to run between the tackles in the B10 at his size with as many carries he was getting. Not a recipe for a long career.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
What was so bad about Jackson’s injury? His hip dislocation wasn’t the problem. Instead, it was what happened in the aftermath of the injury.

During his recovery, Jackson developed a bone disease called avascular necrosis (AVN). It’s what can happen when the blood supply to the bone is disrupted. When the ball is pulled from the socket, blood vessels are torn or stretched in a way that reduces blood flow.

As bone dies off, it leaves the hip ball with what are essentially potholes. Soon, the cartilage in the joint collapses, creating a bone-on-bone situation that creates significant pain when the hip moves. The only solution at that point is a hip replacement.
To bring this full circle, the reason there would be worry about Ervin’s hip and not the other shoulder injuries is that the blood supply to the head of the femur during adulthood is maintained by a single artery. If that gets screwed up you end up with what was just stated.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
To bring this full circle, the reason there would be worry about Ervin’s hip and not the other shoulder injuries is that the blood supply to the head of the femur during adulthood is maintained by a single artery. If that gets screwed up you end up with what was just stated.
According to the internet, you have about 6 hrs to reduce the displacement before it's permanently FUBAR.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
IMG-5496.jpg

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Sucks for Ervin and Rhamir. Gabe just doesn't "pop" with the ball in his hands, but he isn't terrible. He's serviceable.
Rhamir has some pop when he runs, but is undersized.

I hope both recover fully and can play again. That being said, neither were otherworldly important to our offense. Depth takes a big hit at RB, but Grant is the best back (that we have gotten to see) on the roster. Emmitt Johnson, who knows yet. The fact that he is the #1 kick returner is reason to be hopeful. Beyond Grant and Emmitt, we start to get really thin. We are thin at WR, RB, QB.... well, pretty much every position on offense. We don't just need to reload, we need to load up, period, on skill position players. And O Line. A true, complete, rebuild is in order.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sucks for Ervin and Rhamir. Gabe just doesn't "pop" with the ball in his hands, but he isn't terrible. He's serviceable.
Rhamir has some pop when he runs, but is undersized.

I hope both recover fully and can play again. That being said, neither were otherworldly important to our offense. Depth takes a big hit at RB, but Grant is the best back (that we have gotten to see) on the roster. Emmitt Johnson, who knows yet. The fact that he is the #1 kick returner is reason to be hopeful. Beyond Grant and Emmitt, we start to get really thin. We are thin at WR, RB, QB.... well, pretty much every position on offense. We don't just need to reload, we need to load up, period, on skill position players. And O Line. A true, complete, rebuild is in order.
It’s probably time for Erving to hang the cleats up.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
It’s probably time for Erving to hang the cleats up.
As soon as he graduates he probably needs to call it a career and be happy that his football abilities helped get him a degree. Time to make sure you can walk for the rest of your life. It sucks because by all accounts he is a solid guy and good person to have on your team.

I think he has the option to keep his scholarship and go on a medical so he can still pursue a degree. I guess that's what I would do if I were him.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
As soon as he graduates he probably needs to call it a career and be happy that his football abilities helped get him a degree. Time to make sure you can walk for the rest of your life. It sucks because by all accounts he is a solid guy and good person to have on your team.

I think he has the option to keep his scholarship and go on a medical so he can still pursue a degree. I guess that's what I would do if I were him.
With NIL the way it is now imagine being a starter at a P5 program getting a couple hundred thousand a year. Then via injury or whatever not making an NFL team. You got a general business degree or something along those lines and your first job is a starting salary of 45k.

Perfectly fine if you weren't getting 250k in NIL per year that you blew and don't have anything to show for it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds