Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Quick observations (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
1: We won a game in which the 1st quarter was about as bad as it gets. An Int, blocked punt, gave up long passes. 2nd quarter wasn't much better. But we stiffened (yes, a dick joke) on defense. They didn't score after the 6 minute point of the 2nd quarter. Once again we all know that if Scott was here we lose heart in the 1st quarter and get romped. Mickey don't play that.

2: Another 2nd half shutout like against Indiana. We once again had pass breaks ups, INTs and tipped/batted balls. (another dick joke)

3: Anthony Grant showed that if the running game isn't there that he can produce in the passing game. Was a good outlet all night for Casey.

4: Casey is a tough guy. Has taken too many shots and I'm scared he won't finish the season. OL is getting him hit too often.

5: The legend of Mickey is growing and his DC is showing great ability as well.

6: Thank God we have Palmer and Washington.

Last edited:

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I will admit with how this year started...it's been pretty fun the last couple of games, even with the stressful moments. Would be a badass story if they can squeeze out a few more.
Wouldn't it be the most ridiculous thing ever if Joseph turns out to be "THE guy" that brings respectability back to our football program? A guy with no coordinator experience and the shortest resume of any HC we've had since TO being the dude to make it happen would be the college football story of the decade.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
No reason to start another thread, so I'll just piggy back off this one. Anyone else notice that the official (before the review showed Mathis tipped the ball) on the PI call said that the ball be placed at the spot of the foul? I thought college was 15 yards. Has that rule changed?

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
No reason to start another thread, so I'll just piggy back off this one. Anyone else notice that the official (before the review showed Mathis tipped the ball) on the PI call said that the ball be placed at the spot of the foul? I thought college was 15 yards. Has that rule changed?
I've been asking this also. I thought it had changed from 15 yards to a spot foul a few years ago, but I've now seen it called both ways this year.

@alt f4 can you clarify? Is it dependent on where the foul occurs or what?

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

I thought it was spot of the foul if within 15 yards, 15 yards if not

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
1: We won a game in which the 1st quarter was about as bad as it gets. An Int, blocked punt, gave up long passes. 2nd quarter wasn't much better. But we stiffened (yes, a dick joke) on defense. They didn't score after the 6 minute point of the 2nd quarter. Once again we all know that if Scott was here we lose heart in the 1st quarter and get romped. Mickey don't play that.

2: Another 2nd half shutout like against Indiana. We once again had pass breaks ups, INTs and tipped/batted balls. (another dick joke)

3: Anthony Grant showed that if the running game isn't there that he can produce in the passing game. Was a good outlet all night for Casey.

4: Casey is a tough guy. Has taken too many shots and I'm scared he won't finish the season. OL is getting him hit too often.

5: The legend of Mickey is growing and his DC is showing great ability as well.

6: Thank God we have Palmer and Washington.
awesome dick jokes !! Gonna call you Flash for your new Nick name

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

I've been asking this also. I thought it had changed from 15 yards to a spot foul a few years ago, but I've now seen it called both ways this year.

@alt f4 can you clarify? Is it dependent on where the foul occurs or what?

If the DPI occurs more than 15 yards from previous spot the penalty is 15 yards from previous spot and automatic first down.

If the DPI occurs less than 15 yards from previous spot the penalty is spot of foul and automatic first down.

If ball is at 17 yard line and DPI occurs in endzone its at 2 yard line and automatic first down.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
What do we think uncle Donny does to prepare the Ol during the week? Just mutters in a corner while they try their best?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
If the DPI occurs more than 15 yards from previous spot the penalty is 15 yards from previous spot and automatic first down.

If the DPI occurs less than 15 yards from previous spot the penalty is spot of foul and automatic first down.

If ball is at 17 yard line and DPI occurs in endzone its at 2 yard line and automatic first down.

What was your opinion on the OPI calls? I’ve gone entire seasons of football viewing and not seen 4 OPI calls in the majority of them. Last night we had 4 in the game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds