Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Quick Hits Thursday Press Conference (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Frost updates injuries, kicking spot​

ByMICHAEL BRUNTZ 62 minutes ago

Nebraska football wrapped up its week of practices on Thursday as the Huskers prepare to head to East Lansing, Michigan, to take on No. 20 Michigan State.

Speaking after practice on Thursday, Husker head coach Scott Frost said he liked what he saw from his team.

“Good week of practice,” Frost said. “Guys are excited to get back on the field. I think they were encouraged by last week. We know we have another great opportunity this week. The preparation was good and the guys are excited.”

QUICK NOTES

— Frost said he’d hoped Nebraska would have Oliver Martin back for this week against Michigan State, but indicated the wide receiver is questionable for the matchup with the Spartans.

“He’s getting really close. I had my fingers crossed for this week, but I’m not sure if that’s gonna happen, but I think he’s close,” Frost said.

— Frost said the offensive line’s communication needs to be on point this weekend against Michigan State in a loud environment. Last week against Oklahoma, Frost said the Huskers protected well enough at times, though they had some issues with stunts and games up front from the Sooners’ defensive line.

“The guys just have to be locked in pre-snap and post-snap,” Frost said.

— Frost seemed to indicate that senior Connor Culp will be handling the placekicking duties this week against the Spartans. On Monday, Frost said the Huskers would be tracking each kick this week as the Huskers look to turn things around on field goal kicks.

“It’s a work in progress,” Frost said. “I have a lot of confidence in the guys. They just need to find their rhythm. Connor kicked well this week, and we just have to trust him and let him go out and do his job.”

— Frost said they’ll determine on Thursday or Friday who will handle punting duties. Daniel Cerni was injured last week and Will Przystup stepped in against Oklahoma. Frost said Cerni is continuing to get healthy.

— Frost said the blood clot issues that have hit defender Javin Wright are likely season-ending. Frost said he was disappointed for Wright that he wouldn’t be able to get back on the field.

“He’s had some bad luck,” Frost said. “We’re trying to get to the bottom of the root cause of what’s going on with him, but he’s a special player and can’t seem to get out of the starting blocks. We’ll try to get him healthy and hopefully he has some better luck going forward.”

— Michigan State running back Kenneth Walker will take up a lot of focus in Nebraska’s defensive game plan, Frost said.

“When he gets a head of steam downfield he's hard to tackle,” Frost said. “It's hard for one guy to bring him down. He's been a huge difference for them. I think they're good all around him, but he's pretty special player and trying to contain him is gonna be a big part of the game plan.”

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
5o0jzb.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds