Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Prayers for my wife please.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I dont ever do this, but my wife’s dad has been in the hospital since saturday battling covid. he hadnt been able to keep anything down for over a week and finally kept falling and couldnt get up, we tried getting MIL to take him in days before it got to this, but he has been sedated since saturday on a vent with oxygen levels in the 50’s. he’a battling infection in his lungs, pnuemonia, and now kidney failure. he has diabetes and was just diaganosed with melanoma a couple weeks before.

he is 66 years old and i hate to say it but it doesnt look good. my Wife has been a rockstar but he’s now 5.5 hours away in greeley, co hospital instead of 2.5. and his wife is positive too and isnt allowed to see him.

I dont ever do this, but my wife’s dad has been in the hospital since saturday battling covid. he hadnt been able to keep anything down for over a week and finally kept falling and couldnt get up, we tried getting MIL to take him in days before it got to this, but he has been sedated since saturday on a vent with oxygen levels in the 50’s. he’a battling infection in his lungs, pnuemonia, and now kidney failure. he has diabetes and was just diaganosed with melanoma a couple weeks before.

he is 66 years old and i hate to say it but it doesnt look good. my Wife has been a rockstar but he’s now 5.5 hours away in greeley, co hospital instead of 2.5. and his wife is positive too and isnt allowed to see him.
That sucks, Scotch. I'll say a prayer for him, your wife and family. We've been through an eerily similar journey with my MIL and she's quasi-stable at the moment, but with a deep cognitive decline and now they want to add chemo to the regimen. COVID brain is real, and it's very hard on the elderly. Sorry you guys are having to experience this as well.

That sucks, Scotch. I'll say a prayer for him, your wife and family. We've been through an eerily similar journey with my MIL and she's quasi-stable at the moment, but with a deep cognitive decline and now they want to add chemo to the regimen. COVID brain is real, and it's very hard on the elderly. Sorry you guys are having to experience this as well.
he’s only 66, but obviously an old 66. im sorry youre going through that. i cant imagine his quality of life will be great or even good if he ever wakes up again.

Brutal, sorry to hear, scotch. Extra nefarious part of all this is having to keep loved ones apart in these terrible moments. Hope a guardian angel pulls him through this.

Very sorry to hear, Scotch......the whole Covid shit is bad enough but then add in the fact that no one can go in and sit with him, talk to him, etc. The level of depression that this creates for everyone involved is so frustrating. We'll be saying a prayer for yore FIL and the rest of the family. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

WIll be thinking about you and your family sir.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back