Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Practice Observations (1 Viewer)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
My favorite…

What’s crazy is that Zavier Betts, who looks fantastic right now, is somehow almost an afterthought when going down the list at receiver. That’s an unbelievable situation for NU, as Betts would likely be a starter in any of the past three seasons.

Except that he wasn’t a starter last year…and was ‘swimming in it’ if I recall correctly.
Betts seemed to really shy away from contact last year. if he doesn't get a lot more physical I don't see how he can be a factor

remember all the hype Alante Brown got a year ago? based on the coverage you'd think he left the team

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Betts seemed to really shy away from contact last year. if he doesn't get a lot more physical I don't see how he can be a factor

remember all the hype Alante Brown got a year ago? based on the coverage you'd think he left the team
Gotta think Betts gets some balls thrown his way with Toure and Manning drawing extra coverage.

wonder where Betts sits on the two deep?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
"Some of us have known about this for several weeks, but the guys were really loose and having fun out there. It almost got to the point of horsing around but veteran guys were locked in. I happened to catch junior wideout Oliver Martin singing some rap lyrics with the rest of the guys and we all had a laugh at that."

(not real... but could be)

Nice....love it. Lol.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
My favorite…

What’s crazy is that Zavier Betts, who looks fantastic right now, is somehow almost an afterthought when going down the list at receiver. That’s an unbelievable situation for NU, as Betts would likely be a starter in any of the past three seasons.

Except that he wasn’t a starter last year…and was ‘swimming in it’ if I recall correctly.
ok.

no spring ball. no idea if we’re even playing until september. you cant fault him for swimming in it

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
ok.

no spring ball. no idea if we’re even playing until september. you cant fault him for swimming in it
That’s not the point positive Polly.
The point was he said that he could have started the last three seasons…and he was here last season…and he didn’t start.

so there you go

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
That’s not the point positive Polly.
The point was he said that he could have started the last three seasons…and he was here last season…and he didn’t start.

so there you go
yes he would have with spring & summer workouts & real fall camp. so…..there ya go.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
yes he would have with spring & summer workouts & real fall camp. so…..there ya go.
But…he didn’t start though did he? He in fact was swimming in it. Couldn’t get lined up appropriately, ran horrible routes…and didn’t start because of it.

so saying he would have started the last three seasons really doesn’t make much sense. Cause like he didn’t and was here…and didn’t start.

so…there ya go.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
But…he didn’t start though did he? He in fact was swimming in it. Couldn’t get lined up appropriately, ran horrible routes…and didn’t start because of it.

so saying he would have started the last three seasons really doesn’t make much sense. Cause like he didn’t and was here…and didn’t start.

so…there ya go.
if this current Betts existed the last 3 years he would start.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
So yeah. He didn’t start last year.

and if my aunt had balls, he’d be my uncle. I mean probably…cause well today my aunt could actually decide to identify as my uncle and ultimately that would suffice so…
so Betts is the same as last season?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
JFC..............................
**** Nebraska legend Tom Osborne and two spectators in chairs watched practice from the sideline.
Such ground breaking reporting here. TO is essentially at every practice for the first 15-30 minutes. Those two spectators? Probably Carol Frost and guest.

*** Tight end Thomas Fidone was not practicing, to no surprise, but wasn’t wearing a knee brace. This is a good sign that his ACL injury is healthy quickly and well.
No shit, he's 3 months removed from ACL surgery. A Bledsoe Brace is used for a couple weeks up to a month in athletes to limit the range of motion to allow the graft to heal. I remember I was in mine for around 2 weeks when I was up moving around and a week or two longer while I slept.

*** Damion Daniels, Deontre Thomas, Casey Rogers and Ben Stille were the first four to begin each drill. Outside of these men, it was clear who the freshman in the group were. They clearly hadn’t gotten the hang of the drills and Tuioti was more detailed with them.
Maybe because they're the starters........ duh.

*** OLB coach Mike Dawson yelled “That’s right!” to Garrett Nelson during one drill.
Hard hitting shit there.

*** Freshman outside linebacker Wynden Ho’ohuli received a lot of encouragement from his coach and teammates. After a good rep, his teammates would yell “There you go!” or “Atta boy!”.
More hard hitting shit.
I am going to sue the fuck out of you now.... Those are my interns hard hitting nugs.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Him, Wildeman and Hannah need to go. I don’t have high hopes for Snodgrass either.
Woah woah woah..... Give Blaise some time.

Tate and Hannah are at a shit or get off the pot time.

Snodgrass is with Muaga as the next wave at ILB. Not saying he is going to light the world on fire, but depth and special teams.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Him, Wildeman and Hannah need to go. I don’t have high hopes for Snodgrass either.

Blaise was healthy all spring and to my knowledge has practiced every day this camp but today 8/4. If you switch his name out for Jamin Graham I’d probably agree with you as it stands.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds