Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Practice Observations (2 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I couldn’t help but get some good laughs out of the practice observations today.
I'm sure Abby is just inexperienced with observations on the D1 football scale, but I just couldn't help myself from laughing at those observations.

Ranks up there with Nate's "twisty things" and what's his face expression after William's "I'm not a backup."

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was funny but about as useful as all the other reports from media sessions

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
anything real or is it just the same thing as every year? (players look fast, get system now, this time is different, etc etc)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
JFC..............................
**** Nebraska legend Tom Osborne and two spectators in chairs watched practice from the sideline.
Such ground breaking reporting here. TO is essentially at every practice for the first 15-30 minutes. Those two spectators? Probably Carol Frost and guest.

*** Tight end Thomas Fidone was not practicing, to no surprise, but wasn’t wearing a knee brace. This is a good sign that his ACL injury is healthy quickly and well.
No shit, he's 3 months removed from ACL surgery. A Bledsoe Brace is used for a couple weeks up to a month in athletes to limit the range of motion to allow the graft to heal. I remember I was in mine for around 2 weeks when I was up moving around and a week or two longer while I slept.

*** Damion Daniels, Deontre Thomas, Casey Rogers and Ben Stille were the first four to begin each drill. Outside of these men, it was clear who the freshman in the group were. They clearly hadn’t gotten the hang of the drills and Tuioti was more detailed with them.
Maybe because they're the starters........ duh.

*** OLB coach Mike Dawson yelled “That’s right!” to Garrett Nelson during one drill.
Hard hitting shit there.

*** Freshman outside linebacker Wynden Ho’ohuli received a lot of encouragement from his coach and teammates. After a good rep, his teammates would yell “There you go!” or “Atta boy!”.
More hard hitting shit.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
No observations from Dean? Where the hell was he?

Also, I was expecting a token "This team really looks the part" comment and "kudos to coach Duvall...this team appears to be in excellent condition."
"Some of us have known about this for several weeks, but the guys were really loose and having fun out there. It almost got to the point of horsing around but veteran guys were locked in. I happened to catch junior wideout Oliver Martin singing some rap lyrics with the rest of the guys and we all had a laugh at that."

(not real... but could be)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
JFC..............................
**** Nebraska legend Tom Osborne and two spectators in chairs watched practice from the sideline.
Such ground breaking reporting here. TO is essentially at every practice for the first 15-30 minutes. Those two spectators? Probably Carol Frost and guest.

*** Tight end Thomas Fidone was not practicing, to no surprise, but wasn’t wearing a knee brace. This is a good sign that his ACL injury is healthy quickly and well.
No shit, he's 3 months removed from ACL surgery. A Bledsoe Brace is used for a couple weeks up to a month in athletes to limit the range of motion to allow the graft to heal. I remember I was in mine for around 2 weeks when I was up moving around and a week or two longer while I slept.

*** Damion Daniels, Deontre Thomas, Casey Rogers and Ben Stille were the first four to begin each drill. Outside of these men, it was clear who the freshman in the group were. They clearly hadn’t gotten the hang of the drills and Tuioti was more detailed with them.
Maybe because they're the starters........ duh.

*** OLB coach Mike Dawson yelled “That’s right!” to Garrett Nelson during one drill.
Hard hitting shit there.

*** Freshman outside linebacker Wynden Ho’ohuli received a lot of encouragement from his coach and teammates. After a good rep, his teammates would yell “There you go!” or “Atta boy!”.
More hard hitting shit.

I agree with your general premise here. One thing I wanted to add is that Fidone is telling people in CB that he plans to play in October.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
A coach said "great job" to a player!
Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
My favorite…

What’s crazy is that Zavier Betts, who looks fantastic right now, is somehow almost an afterthought when going down the list at receiver. That’s an unbelievable situation for NU, as Betts would likely be a starter in any of the past three seasons.

Except that he wasn’t a starter last year…and was ‘swimming in it’ if I recall correctly.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds