Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Povich v Schwellenbach

Really solid outing by both today. 6 scoreless by Cade and 2 runs in 6 by Schwelly

The second run that Schwelly gave up wasn’t on him. He got a weak ground ball to the 1B who was playing even with the bag. Matt Olson throw home ended up two hopping past the catcher who had all day to catch and tag had Olson got it to a place he could handle it.

Holy fuck. 2 games into his career and we are already comparing him to some of the greatest pitchers of all time 😂😂😂😂
I would say his curve is one of the best in the game right now when it is on.

Him having that gives him the "opportunity" to become one of the best lefty arms in the game.

Obviously, he has a long ways to go to be in the same realm as those guys, but he has some of the raw goods necessary to do it at the highest level.

let’s slow our roll on those comps. Those are first ballot HOFs

I’d like to point out I didn’t say “He’s as good as those guys” or “He will be as good as those guys.”

All I said is he has the opportunity to be.

Very fine line between what I said and what I’m being accused of saying.

I maintain Povich is ahead of where Max Fried was when they were both 24.

I would say his curve is one of the best in the game right now when it is on.

Him having that gives him the "opportunity" to become one of the best lefty arms in the game.

Obviously, he has a long ways to go to be in the same realm as those guys, but he has some of the raw goods necessary to do it at the highest level.

It’s almost like we actually watched them pitch last night

It’s almost like we actually watched them pitch last night
I’ve watched every pitch Povich & Schwellbach have thrown sense being called up so try again 😂 he’s not even a top 100 current prospect in the MLB and you’re saying he has one of the best curveballs in the league & comparing him to HOF’s. Maybe it’s you that doesn’t know what your talking about.

Yeah that’s the problem. Cade and Fried are nowhere near Zito/Koufax/Kershaw. You keep talking about Fried like he is the standard or something.
I’ve watched every pitch Povich & Schwellbach have thrown sense being called up so try again 😂 he’s not even a top 100 current prospect in the MLB and you’re saying he has one of the best curveballs in the league & comparing him to HOF’s. Maybe it’s you that doesn’t know what you’re talking about.
Husker fans don’t use normal logic

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back