Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Povich v Schwellenbach (2 Viewers)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but Cade Povich is starting for the Orioles again tonight and going up against Schwellenbach for the Braves. Pretty sweet that two former teammates are going up against each other! First time in program history!

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Cade is much further along than Schwelly and he should be. I expect Cade to win tonight.

Cade reminds me so much of Max Fried that it’s stupid. He really has a chance to be special.

Schwelly should probably be pitching in triple A. And that’s okay! Last year was his first full year as a PO, ever. And he’s in the bigs.

Both of these guys have a chance to be very very good and I’m not just saying that because they’re Huskers.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Cade is much further along than Schwelly and he should be. I expect Cade to win tonight.

Cade reminds me so much of Max Fried that it’s stupid. He really has a chance to be special.

Schwelly should probably be pitching in triple A. And that’s okay! Last year was his first full year as a PO, ever. And he’s in the bigs.

Both of these guys have a chance to be very very good and I’m not just saying that because they’re Huskers.
My dad is a diehard Baltimore fan. He is pretty excited about Cade too. That's a franchise that seems to be drafting and developing talent very well - granted, they were dogshit there for a few years, so they accumulated some decent draft stock.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Lets Go Start GIF

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
My dad is a diehard Baltimore fan. He is pretty excited about Cade too. That's a franchise that seems to be drafting and developing talent very well - granted, they were dogshit there for a few years, so they accumulated some decent draft stock.

My Braves are really struggling. So a lot of prospects are getting opportunities.

Fried is a free agent after this year.
Morton is gone to retirement.
Strider won’t be back until this time next year.

They already had a question mark in the fifth starter spot.

So in the back half of 2024 and into 2025 the Braves have a lot of things to figure out starting pitching wise especially if they can’t re-sign Fried. They’re trying like hell to find internal options as they really don’t have the prospect capital to make a deal.

Schwelly and Povich are not in the same spot. Povich is ready and just needs innings. Schwelly needs time in triple A to learn to pitch.

Schwelly is getting an opportunity that many prospects don’t get for a first class franchise.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty cool article about Cade here @PonyBoy

How do you not have a passport in 2024, particularly if your offspring is in Cade's situation? Regardless, what a moment for the family.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Schwelly gave up 1 earned there. Throwing error by Olson cost the Braves an out at the plate and a run.

Hes still a bit wild from time to time. But he’s effective.

They did a side by side of Povich and Fried. It’s uncanny

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds