Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Posting this for Debate purposes: Is Turd in over his head as the AD of a Power 5 program? (1 Viewer)

Does Turd appear to be in over his head trying to hire a football coach for a Power 5 Program?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
My expectation of the program is that we spend what it takes to get us into a good position to be successful. The rumoured candidates like Soup, Monkey Tits, etc are not that.
I get that but I only see three coaches with a chance taking us to the promised land, and I doubt Turd hires them.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I want playing for conference championships and contending for the occasional playoff spot. If I was happy settling for 8-9 wins/season I would be an Cockeye fan. They are happy with being an OK team. I want to be competitive with anyone in the country.
I would be happy as hell with Brian Kelly results he had at Notre Dame where he got his ass kicked by the best of the best in the playoffs.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I feel that Turd is not being influenced by the general popular opinion on who we’d hire or he would’ve took the interim tag off MJ by now. Plus I don’t think the boosters would let him hire Monken knowing he’d be fired a year for now when Monken does worse than golden boy SF. At the end of the day, i hope it’s someone competent that turns this shit show around.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Until someone is hired there’s no reason to assume anything. People are acting like Monken is the odds on favorite now based on what exactly? Now even borderline calling for Albert’s head when there’s no reason to announce a hire yet nor do we even know if he has someone hired. People need to get a grip.

I personally think Turd is a top 10 AD type. He loves the school and will do what’s best for it.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not enough info to cast a vote, so I didn't. Jury is out on how Turd has handled this. We don't really know details to make a call, IMHO. Turd says most of the right things, has kept a very tight lid on this for a couple months and change now, but without details it would just be a guess. For me at least.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
The fact that he's kept this SO quiet is impressive; but to what end?

I'm optimistic that he knows what he's doing and will close well. He seems to be very smart and measured man that understands the gravity of his decision. Therefore, I'd like to think that since he has so much invested, he'll pull this off.

At the same time, he said something in his presser just after HCSF was fired that made me slightly cringe. When he went hard in the paint on needing a grinder and preferring someone with no hobbies, my 1st thought is that he could've lightened that message. I felt like he could've saved some of those thoughts for the interview process.

I appreciate that he's a reality based person and understands (and can convey) what it will take to fix the problem. At the same time, you have to be careful not to scare candidates away from the job. Some have insinuated that Rhule might not have an interest in all the heavy lifting this job will entail?

To date, he's done well and cannot be completely held accountable for retaining Frost last year. That was a decision made by others. I was also impressed the way he dropped nuggets to the media about minimal empirical evidence of retaining a lame duck coach as eventually working out. That was pretty savvy.

doublewing

Running Back
I think people are overreacting to all of this. No news isn't bad news. If there were news/leaks within this, it would be reflective of a poor search effort. Turd is handling this well in that nothing of note is out there.

I didn't expect to have anything real on this until after Black Friday. Anyone that expected otherwise is new to this.

I'll determine if he's in over his head once the hire is announced. I'm not getting caught up in any of the BS until then.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Everyone saying how impressive it is how quiet Turd has kept this search and I don't understand that. We have a consensus on a candidate list of Rhule, Monken, Leipold, Campbell & Patterson so if it is so quiet then how does everyone know who we are hiring?

I wouldn't be nervous if we were fishing in a pond like Auburn is with Kiffen, Rhule & Freeze. How can you look at the list of losers that Turd has assembled and not be nervous?

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Everyone saying how impressive it is how quiet Turd has kept this search and I don't understand that. We have a consensus on a candidate list of Rhule, Monkey Tits, Leipold, Campbell & Patterson so if it is so quiet then how does everyone know who we are hiring?

I wouldn't be nervous if we were fishing in a pond like Auburn is with Kiffen, Rhule & Freeze. How can you look at the list of losers that Turd has assembled and not be nervous?
Not that I know anything, but I feel that Rhule was one of the top candidates all along with the assumption that he was going to be fired from Carolina. The only people throwing Leipold, Campbell and Patterson are the homers who think those people would be great coaches based on Nebraska's resources. I really don't think Monken is/was a serious candidate and people are trying to connect the tea leaves because Turd's son went to the Army academy.

I do believe that Turd did talk to Urban to get his opinion on what's broken at Nebraska and what would it take to fix it a long with a few other prominent coaches. For all we know, Turd has Saban lined up because he lost 2 games in the regular season for the first time in a long time and there's a shift of power in the SEC from Bama to GA.

Not that it matters, but who woud Turd be looking at if Rhule wasn't fired from Carolina? I'd almost put my $$$ on Urban unless he's fluffing the Nebraska fan base for TV ratings based on what he said earlier this year. I don't see any of the Big 12 coaches as viable options outside of maybe Aranda and Gundy.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Everyone saying how impressive it is how quiet Turd has kept this search and I don't understand that. We have a consensus on a candidate list of Rhule, Monkey Tits, Leipold, Campbell & Patterson so if it is so quiet then how does everyone know who we are hiring?

Not that I know anything, but I feel that Rhule was one of the top candidates all along with the assumption that he was going to be fired from Carolina. The only people throwing Leipold, Campbell and Patterson are the homers who think those people would be great coaches based on Nebraska's resources. I really don't think Monken is/was a serious candidate and people are trying to connect the tea leaves because Turd's son went to the Army academy.

I do believe that Turd did talk to Urban to get his opinion on what's broken at Nebraska and what would it take to fix it a long with a few other prominent coaches. For all we know, Turd has Saban lined up because he lost 2 games in the regular season for the first time in a long time and there's a shift of power in the SEC from Bama to GA.

Not that it matters, but who woud Turd be looking at if Rhule wasn't fired from Carolina? I'd almost put my $$$ on Urban unless he's fluffing the Nebraska fan base for TV ratings based on what he said earlier this year. I don't see any of the Big 12 coaches as viable options outside of maybe Aranda and Gundy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds