Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Posting this for Debate purposes: Is Turd in over his head as the AD of a Power 5 program? (2 Viewers)

Does Turd appear to be in over his head trying to hire a football coach for a Power 5 Program?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This process has been going on quite a while and many fans are getting worried. Rumors are trending in the wrong direction and his interview last night was anything but impressive. He sounded like a politician answering the questions without actually answering them. Catering to the common fan at best. With our tradition, fan support and financial resources we should be able to compete for most potential coaches, especially if we are willing to over pay if needed for the right coach. We fired a coach in a time frame that might have cost us $7.5 Million more compared to waiting 2 more weeks. Where do you stand on Turd after 2 months of his coaching search?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm as nervous as anybody, but let's see who he hires.
I thought about adding: Depends on who he hires
But that seems like an easy cop out for posters. I want to know if they feel good about how the hiring process has gone, not that we really know that much except it has been going on for quite a while. Kinda smells of Pederson's messed up long search landing us with Callahan, unless we are hiring a big name that is currently coaching thus we have to wait until their season is over. But if that is the case Turd just needs to come out saying we have our coach but need to wait to announce it. Would put the fans at ease.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

My anxiety is actually pretty low. If I don't like the hire, I'll have more Saturdays to do stuff than ever before. If I do like the hire, then any disappointment likely won't hit until 3-4 years from now.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think it's hard to know if the search is going well given the lack of real information. The fact that Jeff Monken is on the list at all and, even worse, may be a finalist makes me lean towards he has no business doing the job.

I just can't square that we are spending all of this money on facilities, have all of this money coming in from tv, are in 1 of only 2 relevant conferences, have the world's best tv deal in terms of exposure, and guys like Monken and Patterson were among our top choices. Either it's lies or he is a dipshit.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Honestly I don't know how anybody could know that at this point.

Has he made any major hires yet? How has fundraising gone? I suppose you could say he shouldn't have kept Frost on for 2022 and that was a mistake. But Nebraska did have a weird year in 2021 where they seemed to be close to turning the corner with all the close losses. Plus when Frost was hired everybody thought...5-6 year process. Frost didn't make it through the 5th year.

Because we as Nebraska fans aren't patient with a football hire doesn't mean A) the process is going poorly or B) he's not doing a good job. It just means that Nebraska fans are impatient.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly I don't know how anybody could know that at this point.

Has he made any major hires yet? How has fundraising gone? I suppose you could say he shouldn't have kept Frost on for 2022 and that was a mistake. But Nebraska did have a weird year in 2021 where they seemed to be close to turning the corner with all the close losses. Plus when Frost was hired everybody thought...5-6 year process. Frost didn't make it through the 5th year.

Because we as Nebraska fans aren't patient with a football hire doesn't mean A) the process is going poorly or B) he's not doing a good job. It just means that Nebraska fans are impatient.
I just put it out there to hear people's thoughts. Yes he fugged up keeping Frost an additional season but finally got rid of his lazy ass. But this poll is about how he has handled the Hiring Process. AD wears a bunch of hats including fundraising, coaching hires/fires, league issues, public relations........ and even communicating with his team's fans when they are concerned.

Maybe I needed to word it "Do you feel he has done a good job so far from what we can tell with this search so far?" Some seem to be happy with his search so far and some are not. Definitely in my eyes depends on who he hires but this is asking so far in how he has handled all of the aspects as far as we can see. I'd like more communication if he has hired someone but he is waiting until the season is over. Not tough to say we have our coach but he needs to finish up with his current team. It's been something like 67 days and he started putting out feelers towards the end of last season. We spent big bucks on a top search firm so he should be able to get to any agent for a coach he is interested in him.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Turd was the athletic director at UNO when I played basketball there, I have full faith in him that he will make the best hire for the University and get this program trending in the right direction. We aren't getting the answer we want right now but I'm almost positive Turd has had something worked out for quite a while and a place for some of the assistants currently on staff.

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Keep a 3-9 coach for another year? Check.

Fire coach days before buyout drops? Check.

Hire Army's coach coming off a losing season? TBD

Unfortunately it seems that there is a strong possibility that he's in over his head. Sad!

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
This just feels to me like a fan base that wants to be coddled and assured it’s all going to be okay at the last minute because we’re scared now that it’s almost upon us. Turd went out into the pool early with a good hand to play and that hasn’t changed. I trust Garrett’s intel and if it’s about coming to terms with the Panthers, then that’s what it is. Nebraska has a play there as well - it’s not like Carolina gets to just name FMV without fear of a court injunction if they’re just trying to get off the hook for as much as possible. And those negotiations take time because lawyers are involved. But if Rhule wants to be here and we want Rhule, it will happen. Turd’s comments aren’t to be read as him being cheap. They were to signal that no matter what comes out he was fighting to keep the salary as reasonable as possible so that he isn’t seen as paying whatever Carolina demands. That’s my read on it having seen how high stakes negotiations work and based upon all of the available intel.

And don’t forget the part about Turd purposely putting bad intel out there. Who do you think is getting that intel? Garrett? Or Sip? I know who my money is on and there is a reason I’m following this site much more closely.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
We won’t know until a hire is made. I put no blame on him for not firing Frost last year. He was new on the job and it sounds like his hands were tied by BOR, big donors and TC.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Keep a 3-9 coach for another year? Check.

Fire coach days before buyout drops? Check.

Hire Army's coach coming off a losing season? TBD

Unfortunately it seems that there is a strong possibility that he's in over his head. Sad!
Plus the fact the support staff he hired is unqualified and straight fuckin morons. Cough Brendan Stai cough

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
So far he seems to be doing completely fine, no one should be judging him on this coaching search right NOW when literally everything we are talking about is 5% inside info and 95% people riling each other up with their own hypotheticals and projections.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds