Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Post-Spring Game Feelings (1 Viewer)

Expectations Post-Spring Game?

• >10 wins

Votes: 22 13.9%
  • 10-9 wins

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • 8-7 wins

Votes: 82 51.9%
  • 6 wins

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • <6 wins

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
After spring practice/the spring game, how is everyone feeling about the fall?

I am euphoric.

Nothing even needs to be said about Raiola. He's a freaking DUDE.

WRs are better than I thought. Banks was extremely limited, but Neyor and Bonner looked legit. Barney looked great, and even Hall and Smith flashed too.

Dowdell looked WAY better than I expected. Him and EJ will actually make for a solid ground game.

I am legitimately in the 9-10 camp...
I'm at about 8.0 to 8.5 wins vs this schedule.

It's really going to come down to how many errors Dylan makes in key spots in 2024. Rhule essentially said this same thing in today's postgame.

He's 18 yrs old. He will make bad throws, will have fumbles, take bad sacks, throw INTs etc. If he can limit those then we'll be really, really good. I expect some red zone TOs though like we saw today. If he has a ton of those we could go 5-7. If he plays like a 24 yr old QB we could go 9-3 or even 10-2. I just have no idea how many back-breaking TOs he's going to have (but i do know the number is not zero).

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
I'm at about 8.0 to 8.5 wins vs this schedule.

It's really going to come down to how many errors Dylan makes in key spots in 2024. Rhule essentially said this same thing in today's postgame.

He's 18 yrs old. He will make bad throws, will have fumbles, take bad sacks, throw INTs etc. If he can limit those then we'll be really, really good. I expect some red zone TOs though like we saw today. If he has a ton of those we could go 5-7. If he plays like a 24 yr old QB we could go 9-3 or even 10-2. I just have no idea how many back-breaking TOs he's going to have (but i do know the number is not zero).
Well the only guy that dropped one of his passes is most likely out for the season, so im going with the number being 0.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well the only guy that dropped one of his passes is most likely out for the season, so im going with the number being 0.
You make a good point. I can't argue LOL.

I'll say this though, if he can limit those mistakes that would be the single most enjoyable aspect of this season for NU fans. NU fans have suffered through so such horrendous, back-breaking mistakes from their QBs from Armstrong to Tanner Lee to Adrian to Jeff Sims/Haarberg/Purdy....if we had a QB who didn't constantly fuck up in the red zone, it might break our fans' brains.

Herbie

Quarterback
Aye let’s talk about the oline. I know it’s a basic D and no extra blitzes. But how’d the oline do? Did Nash, trob etc play much?

Seemed like they didn’t well but not sure on if it’s because of the D

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You make a good point. I can't argue LOL.

I'll say this though, if he can limit those mistakes that would be the single most enjoyable aspect of this season for NU fans. NU fans have suffered through so such horrendous, back-breaking mistakes from their QBs from Armstrong to Tanner Lee to Adrian to Jeff Sims/Haarberg/Purdy....if we had a QB who didn't constantly fuck up in the red zone, it might break our fans' brains.
Dont forget about Tater Martinez!
bo GIF

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
The schedule is so light that if what we saw today isn’t fools gold, I don’t see how anyone other than CU, Ohio St & USC could match us offensively
Raiola literally looks like Mahomes the way he quickly reads the defense, finds the mismatch & can deliver any throw.
We have 3 Fuking DuDEs at WR (Neyor, Lloyd & Barney)
(& I’m not counting Banks yet bc he didn’t play)
Fidone & Bork are also going to be ALWAYS open & now we have a guy who can deliver the mail
No way CU is beating us in Lincoln. That game is going to be insane crowd wise
Regular season looks like 10-2
Find a way to keep it really close vs Ohio St & SC (or beat one of them) & a home playoff game could happen
Light schedule may hurt us but I see no way if Raiola carries this thru & stays healthy/doesnt get the yips, that we lose to anyone but Ohio St & SC
Cockeye still probably will be close
Alvano better have it figured out by then

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
can we use some NIL money to get Raiola a bodyguard/fall guy to keep him out of trouble until September?

with a solid defense returning, going from the worst QB play in the entire P5 to top 10-15 QB play should have us with a chance at 10 wins

having said that, I don't trust the OL to improve as much as they need to. we're 1 "look out" block against UTEP away from being a 5 win team again

Raiola has an extremely good head on his shoulders and is a big follower of Jesus. From what I've heard and seen of him, he's what you want as a leader of this team. I've seen him at our church a couple of times.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dont forget about Tater Martinez!
bo GIF
He may not have been a "real" QB, but the dude won a lot of games, and even made and completed a lot of big throws over his playing career, not including his game changing wheels he had, even after being banged up and injured. I think he gets and got too much hate IMO.
Yeah I don't think of Taylor Martinez when I think of dumb QB mistakes (that literally wreck the entire game for you). He certainly wasn't perfect.

I'm talking about dumbfuck plays like Tanner Lee throwing a fastball at a guys helmet, it ricochets and the DB returns it back for an 80-yd pick six. Adrian Martinez back-breaking fumbles in the red zone TWICE (vs NW, vs OSU). Jeff Sims....name your idiotic fumble/INT. Chubba Purdy interception in the red zone. I could go on for pages and pages listing this shit from the last 10 yrs.

I honestly don't remember T-Magic hitting that level of dumbfuckery too often (maybe I've just blocked it out).

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Feelings?

I feel like we need a new kicker and that should be priority #1 right now in the portal because to me it should be easy AF to identify and lure a better guy to Lincoln. To me it doesn't even matter where he comes from because you either can kick FGs or you can't....it doesn't matter if it was JUCO, Div II or Australian Rules Football. The guy we have now misses so what risk is there in trying a new one?

I'm not worried about CB. Someone will step up. Somebody always does. Nobody thought DiCaprio Bootle was the answer until he was.

WR.....If Banks is better than the guys we saw in the spring game then we are gonna be good at that spot. Bra... fucking.....Vo to Janiran Bonner. Dude is a football player. He doesn't care what they ask him to do, he just does it. Stud!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds