Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Who do you want to be Nebraska’s QB? (1 Viewer)

Who would you choose to lead us next year?

• Total voters

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
You gotta think Rattler has been humbled after all the shit he went through.

He was projected as the #1 pick before the season. Yeah he fell off a bit and got benched to a dude who will be an all-american.

That kid can zip the shit out of a ball. He's played and won in big games. Let him distribute the rock to the receivers in space and let the play makers go off. He could be the Milton that Frost has been missing.

Or he could just shit the bed and tear the locker room apart. It is Nebraska after all

NJabpt

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I selected Smothers because we have only one full game of him as the starting QB. Additionally, I really don’t know too much about the other QBs.
I thought AMart played a better game than Rattler head to head. Yes AMart did have the INT. But look what Rattler had protecting him compared to what AMart did. Considering OU had more talent and better lines of scrimmage; AMart was sacked 5 times, Rattler 0 times.
Lastly had we not shanked 2 FGs & 1 PAT attempt, the game outcome would’ve been different.
So I am not impressed with Rattler. Right now, Logan has a leg up on the current offense and may be better under the new OC. Logan may be more mobile than Rattler.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honest question, why do people think we have a shot with guys like rattler, Brennan, purdy, Johnson? Best we can hope for in the transfer market is a guy like Akron kid. Might as well hope smothers pans out.

UNK’sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Honest question, why do people think we have a shot with guys like rattler, Brennan, purdy, Johnson? Best we can hope for in the transfer market is a guy like Akron kid. Might as well hope smothers pans out.
I think we have a shot at one high profile QB transfer simply because of Whipple and what he’s done with Pickett plus his resume. To me telling a kid that you coached a heisman finalist at QB this year and than showing them Pickett’s stats, is more then enough clout to reel in a legit transfer QB.

All these transfers want is to be a starter somewhere to showcase their skills for the next level. The offense and QB coach play a huge factor in that. We have both in spades if Whipple and Frost are both good salesman. Current state of the program as far as winning goes is less of a factor. These transfers just want a year or 2 in a system that can elevate their draft stock and then they bounce to get paid. Sounds selfish and probably unpopular to fans but that’s the nature of all major sports these days. WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds