Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Pola-Gates (3 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I mean dudes will get processed and if Rhule doesn’t think he can cut it here he will get processed.
I'm sure they will be a few more move on in the next couple of weeks the portal is open until Jan 18th and then after spring ball another portal opening starts May 1st -15th.

There could be a few that are able to keep their scholarship but will not be with the team if Rhule decides to not ask them back.

"But according to the Athletic, Riley also freed up around 10 scholarships by utilizing an NCAA rule that affects “Aid After Departure of Head Coach.”

The rule says when a coach who recruited and provided a scholarship to a student-athlete is replaced (like Clay Helton), the coach has the right to not invite an athlete back to the team the following year.

The athlete may be given the right to stay at the school on scholarship until the athlete graduates with their degree.

So you can stay at USC, you just can’t play football. And your scholarship will no longer count against the football program.

The rule’s original intention was to benefit student-athletes who are close to finishing their degree requirements and want to stay at their school in order to graduate."

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I wonder if Logan Smothers, Javier Morton, Chris Hickman, and Rahmir Johnson can take advantage of that policy.

GAHusker

Cornerback
I’d say yes because we need the scholarship. We are at 91 including Cam Lenhardt.

Tyreke Johnson (graduated)
Braxton Clarke (graduated)
Chubba Purdy (at best 3rd string now)
Richard Torres (2 years until he’s even on the depth chart)
Kpai and/or Gbayor (feel they are at best a backup in their senior year)
Buckley
2-3 of the TEs that can’t beat out walk-ons

Add a good TE, a good edge, and/or a starting CB.

Brendan Dean from Purdue for edge
Adrian Chestnut from Syracuse for CB
Arik Gilbert from Georgia is about the only one left as TE.
If we can stretch and get a back up RT so Anthony is playing backup RG all year, that would be a good investment.
Arik Gilbert comes with mountains of baggage

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Pola-Gates is a God Damn enigma. He's freakishly athletic and loves to hit. But he is also a ruh-tard in coverage and seems completely adverse to the weight room.

Maybe Rhule and staff can inspire him this Spring. But if not, I hope they cut bait.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Can someone rename the "portal" really quickly?

It seems like sci-fi that something opens for periods of time, then closes, then reopens. All on a scheduled cadence.

Maybe just call it announcing free agency? IDK.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds