Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Armon Gates leaving for Oregon (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
well bye GIF

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I expected him to go to Mizzou with his brother. Seems like Fred doesn't have a tough time bringing in qualified replacements. Hope he brings in someone who helps us win more games. GBF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Is he leaving because he wants to or did he bang one of his players like that other bball coach and now he has to leave

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Since we have barely won any games with the coaches we've had, I can't feel too concerned losing him.

On a side note, a good friend of my brothers wife is close family to Fred. This lady won't even talk about or hear a word about the cluster that has been Husker hoops under Fred. A subject that cannot be talked about. Hoiberg was a pretty successful college HC, and NBA HC for several years (on bad teams with poor rosters, but those NBA teams under Fred had bad records so how much was his fault is debatable). I never expected Hoiberg would field teams this bad - I think how he wants to play and the type of players he recruits doesn't fit too well for B1G play, but even with that caveat, our teams have just been terrible. Terrible defense, bad offense, just bad overall. Kinda like another coach for the other main Husker mens sport - although Frost didn't have NFL HC experience cache like Fred. Both guys have fielded head-scratchingly bad teams for too many years now, after long enough you just have to say they had their chances and failed. One more season of losing for both and both may be gonzo.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds