Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Please, God - NO (Bronco Mendenhall)

Dolla Dean just posted this update on Klieman:
I talked to a source close to the Kansas State football program. Folks are aware of the smoke around Chris Kleman's name and the Nebraska job.

Behind the scenes, things remain business as usual and nothing as of today would suggest he was leaving. His relationship with AD Gene Taylor is as strong as ever. They are best friends, and his loyalty to Taylor is strong.

With that said, in this situation with two bog games remaining, you rarely see a guy tip his hand on leaving. KSU plays Kansas Saturday and possibly a rematch with TCU for the Big 12 title. Win or lose, they could end up in the Sugar Bowl as the Big 12's highest-ranked available team.

KSU also open its new $60 million indoor practice facility next month. They have a lot going on there.

Something else that got my attention is Klieman is originally from Waterloo (Cockeye) and Alberts is from nearby Cedar Falls. There is a lot of common footing there. Alberts is 52 and Klieman 55.

Another thing I'll share is one Division I coach I've known for years told me this morning said an agent he knows that represents coaches say Klieman is at the top of the list right now for Nebraska. Take that for what it's worth.

if Turd is even looking at Mendenhall then he's already failed. that's not a name that should get any consideration

Well, he's a better option than LL, Monken or MC. He was on top of a lot of the coaching lists before leaving BYU for VA. Also, VA is second fiddle to Virgina Tech as well and hard to get descent talent there.

Now Bronco, lol...why are the tater candidates always linked to the NU job? With the exception of Frost, who turned out to be the biggest tater of all time, seems like it's been this way every time there's a job opening in Lincoln.

If it’s Mendenhall we are seriously picketing north stadium. Full on revolt. Egg trevs car and TP his house. There’s just no way Turd is dumb enough to hire freaking Bronco Mendenhall

If it’s Mendenhall we are seriously picketing north stadium. Full on revolt. Egg trevs car and TP his house. There’s just no way Turd is dumb enough to hire freaking Bronco Mendenhall
Well, everyone can say the same for LL, MC or Monken who have no business coaching a blueblood.

Well, he did take VA to the orange bowl in 2019 and his worst season at BYU was 6-6 during his first year in 2005. His worst year at VA was 2-10 in 2016 (1st year). But seems to improve each year after.

I have a family member who worked in the BYU athletic department when Bronco was there. They weren't sad to see him go. That Orange Bowl season was 9-5 and he was below .500 at UVA.

I'll be honest, I don't hate Mendenhall and could get behind it. He is somewhere between Klieman and Liepold for me. But he is definitely down the list for me...

I talked to a source close to the Kansas State football program. Folks are aware of the smoke around Chris Kleman's name and the Nebraska job.

Behind the scenes, things remain business as usual and nothing as of today would suggest he was leaving. His relationship with AD Gene Taylor is as strong as ever. They are best friends, and his loyalty to Taylor is strong.

With that said, in this situation with two bog games remaining, you rarely see a guy tip his hand on leaving. KSU plays Kansas Saturday and possibly a rematch with TCU for the Big 12 title. Win or lose, they could end up in the Sugar Bowl as the Big 12's highest-ranked available team.

KSU also open its new $60 million indoor practice facility next month. They have a lot going on there.

Something else that got my attention is Klieman is originally from Waterloo (Cockeye) and Alberts is from nearby Cedar Falls. There is a lot of common footing there. Alberts is 52 and Klieman 55.

Another thing I'll share is one Division I coach I've known for years told me this morning said an agent he knows that represents coaches say Klieman is at the top of the list right now for Nebraska. Take that for what it's worth.
Sounds like Dean is being used to negotiate a fat raise

Of course Dean would post that and fvck up Kleiman's name in the first sentence.

I assumed we'd have to use the entire body of work to compare these guys.

Unless we're just going to look at Leipold as a .364 winning pct coach.
He's a discount Brian Harsin. He put up 8-5 seasons playing against mid-level G5 opponents. I don't know how you stunt for that body of work.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back