Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

PLEASE...explain it to me.

We beat those teams on the field , you can’t say they’re better than us when we beat them where it matters. Yes we are middle of the road based on teams we beat this season
I hope you recognize how silly, sad, and absurd it is to be beating your chest about this, a point that's really not all that strong on the merits as it is.

I don’t think we have the talent to compete with OSU or PSU most years, but we have enough talent to be the third best team in the west. We should be able to make a lower tier bowl game. Our recruiting classes are always at the top in the west. If Wisconsin wins today we will end up 5th in the west. That is unacceptable. We must not be developing the talent.
I'm not saying we can't win the West but our talent isn't significantly better than the rest of the teams. Look at it position by position. Do we have the most talented qb in the west? Not even close.

Do we have the most talented receiving corps in the west? Assume everyone is playing on all teams we're 3rd maybe 4th.

Do we have the most talented RB in the west? No

Dline is probably up there. Outside of that what position group do we even have an argument for?

Didn't sound like beating his chest at all. He's just responding to the point we're not even middle of the pack.
Fair enough. The numbers suggest we're bottom third and the eyes don't help matters much. With good coaching, we'd be on the cusp of the middle/top third instead of bottom/middle third.

It's just so painful to be having all these tallest midget type discussions for so damn long.

Fair enough. The numbers suggest we're bottom third and the eyes don't help matters much. With good coaching, we'd be on the cusp of the middle/top third instead of bottom/middle third.

It's just so painful to be having all these tallest midget type discussions for so damn long.
It is what it is. Maybe better coaches win more with the players we have. Maybe they don't. Maybe our coaches aren't very good at picking players.

It is what it is. Maybe better coaches win more with the players we have. Maybe they don't. Maybe our coaches aren't very good at picking players.
Disagree that this is as unknown as you make it out to be. Shooting yourself in the dick with such consistency and yet still being in most games suggests that yes, we would win with the players we have if they were better coached. Not with consistency against the top tier (this requires the last part you mentioned with recruiting), but certainly against the middle and bottom tiers.

That's fair. Too many penalties and turnovers.
I should add, that you're absolutely right that any replacement coaching staff won't be a guarantee, as we've proven on our continued journey to rock bottom. But if the coaching is indeed better, we win a lot more this year with these players. We still need to be demonstrably better in both areas (talent + coaching), but that's a captain obvious statement for a team that finished 5th in the worst division in the Power 5.

At this point, I’m convinced Martinez has been throwing games. It’s not possible for him to be this bad.

I'm not saying we can't win the West but our talent isn't significantly better than the rest of the teams. Look at it position by position. Do we have the most talented qb in the west? Not even close.

Do we have the most talented receiving corps in the west? Assume everyone is playing on all teams we're 3rd maybe 4th.

Do we have the most talented RB in the west? No

Dline is probably up there. Outside of that what position group do we even have an argument for?
I don’t even think we are disagreeing much. I think there is a development issue with this staff. Hopefully next year things change but I don’t see it. It’s pretty much all Frost’s players by next year.

I don’t even think we are disagreeing much. I think there is a development issue with this staff. Hopefully next year things change but I don’t see it. It’s pretty much all Frost’s players by next year.
All Frosts players and 2019 class in its 3rd year.

All Frosts players and 2019 class in its 3rd year.
Do you seriously see is making a bowl next year? I see 5 wins max. Maybe he brings in 2-3 coaches who work out, but it’s going to be tough.

You You can find 8-9 if you base it solely on talent. Unfortunately, you're gonna have a bad time with this as your basis...
Clearly more talent than
Illinois
Buffalo
Purdue
SE Louisiana

Similar or better talent
Michigan St
Northwestern
Cockeye
Minnesota
Wisconsin

Less talent
Oklahoma
Ohio St
Michigan

I got so drunk on Friday after the game while speaking to @gobigcraig that my wife thought I may have developed cerebral palsy. I’m just now seeing this post.

I have no idea why anyone would have argued that there is any amount of nobility or honor in turning down a bowl game. Those same people are now upset that we did it. Why? Because their parents are blood relatives.

I got so drunk on Friday after the game while speaking to @gobigcraig that my wife thought I may have developed cerebral palsy. I’m just now seeing this post.

I have no idea why anyone would have argued that there is any amount of nobility or honor in turning down a bowl game. Those same people are now upset that we did it. Why? Because their parents are blood relatives.
You still drunk? I don't get it. Parents are blood relatives?

You still drunk? I don't get it. Parents are blood relatives?

Think about it. If your mom was your dad’s blood relative, would you come out with everything in proper working order? Or would there probably be a pretty low ceiling on your potential mental capacity?

Think about it. If your mom was your dad’s blood relative, would you come out with everything in proper working order? Or would there probably be a pretty low ceiling on your potential mental capacity?
I'm following now. The scrollers parents are sister and brother.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back