Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoor TV Setup (1 Viewer)

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
After soliciting feedback from the r/prjoectors group on Reddit, it looks like a projector won't meet our needs, at least budget-wise, so we're probably going to go with a 75-85" tv for watching sports/movies while we're in the pool. Our pool is too far away from our covered deck to mount it, so I'm looking for an option where I can just roll it out when we want to use it. Most of the ones I'm looking at are fairly lightweight (75 lb. or less). I've got 2 issues I'm trying to figure out.

1. Is there some sort of outdoor cart/table that would be on wheels that would work for bringing the tv out?
  2. Is there a good way to secure the tv so it doesn't tip over if there's a breeze?
I was thinking that if I could find something with a back, I could use the anti-tip over straps to anchor it to the cart/table to keep it from tipping over. I'd then have to make sure that the table was weighted down, which would be easy enough to do with either sand bags or weights.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
You looking for a TV lift cabinet? My parents have one for their backyard and it seems pretty nice. Looks something like this:

Charcoal_Hidden_TV_Lift_Cabinets_HSCO_Nexus211-scaled.jpg

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
You looking for a TV lift cabinet? My parents have one for their backyard and it seems pretty nice. Looks something like this:

Charcoal_Hidden_TV_Lift_Cabinets_HSCO_Nexus211-scaled.jpg

Something like that would work, but most I've seen can't handle a 75-85" TV or if they can, they're super expensive. Is their cabinet on wheels/casters? Is it pretty heave so the TV doesn't blow over if there's a breeze?

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Something like that would work, but most I've seen can't handle a 75-85" TV or if they can, they're super expensive. Is their cabinet on wheels/casters? Is it pretty heave so the TV doesn't blow over if there's a breeze?
Yeah, I actually didn't realize how expensive those damn things are until I just searched now. Shiiiiit. They are in PHX so the weather is pretty calm, but their cabinet is really sturdy...once you lock the wheels, it isn't moving. Not sure how it would handle in some heavy storms though.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds