Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Our offensive line (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Apparently Benning said that our interior line is Nouili, Hixson, and Williams. Can anyone confirm he said this?

Is Thompson going to get murdered?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Deer Lowered, Hixson? Love the kids fight and toughness but he just isn't the athlete we need at Center. I'm sure Frost will call him a warrior and the QB of the Line to defend playing him.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be, but he probably shouldn't be starting at Nebraska in year 5

He does have a year of starting experience at least, so that's a positive
I think he's obviously talented, but just too damn nice. I watched him on a replay get absolutely mutilated by a Minnesota DLineman in 2019 and I lost all respect after that.

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I have an ancient theory about recruiting OL that I'm going to throw out there.

when recruiting OL I look for 1 of several backgrounds:

1. Small town kids. If from Nebraska, these kids probably grew up playing 4 sports, hunting for coyotes with spotlights and always have a can of skoal on them. Example Cam Jurgens (we're making a huge mistake playing Hutmacher on defense). If you can get them from the south that's even better as those big old boys just have a different cut to their jib. Example Yoshi Hardrick. Would literally love nothing more than to recruit 5 big old southern fuckers with nearly incomprehensible Southern accents and backsides and thighs that block out the sun to protect our QBs. Again, the more country the better.

2. Inner city or JUCO. Fuck, if you can get both at once, that's ideal. The dude Kevin Williams was packing heat in the locker room in fucking Greeley Colorado. other example Carl Nicks and Ricky Henry These guys might not be the biggest or most talented all the time but I'm a believer in that #jucolife for OL, they've been through the shit playing in remote destinations like Dodge City KS and Scooba MS, they'll be fine.

The types to avoid:

1. Soft dudes from the suburbs. Michael Lynn went to high school at Cherry Creek, I coulda told you he's terrible. i would never recruit an OL whose parents own a house with a 3 car garage or who own a Range Rover. Other example Trent Hixson/Skutt

2. White dudes with long hair have a fucking terrible track record dating back to Farnioks, Brant Banks, Jake Cotton, and many more. Get yourselves cleaned up boys!

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member

1. Small town kids. If from Nebraska, these kids probably grew up playing 4 sports, hunting for coyotes with spotlights and always have a can of skoal on them. Example Cam Jurgens (we're making a huge mistake playing Hutmacher on defense). If you can get them from the south that's even better as those big old boys just have a different cut to their jib. Example Yoshi Hardrick. Would literally love nothing more than to recruit 5 big old southern fuckers with nearly incomprehensible Southern accents and backsides and thighs that block out the sun to protect our QBs. Again, the more country the better.

2. Inner city or JUCO. Fuck, if you can get both at once, that's ideal. The dude Kevin Williams was packing heat in the locker room in fucking Greeley Colorado. other example Carl Nicks and Ricky Henry These guys might not be the biggest or most talented all the time but I'm a believer in that #jucolife for OL, they've been through the shit playing in remote destinations like Dodge City KS and Scooba MS, they'll be fine.

The types to avoid:

1. Soft dudes from the suburbs. Michael Lynn went to high school at Cherry Creek, I coulda told you he's terrible. i would never recruit an OL whose parents own a house with a 3 car garage or who own a Range Rover. Other example Trent Hixson/Skutt

2. White dudes with long hair have a fucking terrible track record dating back to Farnioks, Brant Banks, Jake Cotton, and many more. Get yourselves cleaned up boys!
Another one to avoid: Gimmicks.

If a guy who has played one whole game (and it was against Rutgers) shows up the next year with a "Run the damn ball" hat you should be worried. Turner Corcoran. And he graded out as one of the worst OTs in the Big 10 last year in certain categories.

Next.....This one is for the true recruiting message board veterans. If a guy tries to steal another gimmick from someone else. Years back the Lance Armstrong "Livestrong" bracelets were popular. We had a lineman that thought he was gonna make a red one that said something like "pipeline" or some shit. He was gonna sell them for charity. (Way before NIL) He was still in high school and was trying desperately to manufacture some sort of Husker cred to show his love for the program. Which was his M.O. He was trying to be the Mr. Nebraska of his recruiting class. I don't think he played a down before transferring. (A rare thing as this was before the transfer portal era) His name: Craig Roark.

You are also on to something with the haircuts thing but it applies to all of the positions. I hate how every fall camp will open and the media will gush about the guy with a mullet. They pretend like its something special and those cool college kids are having some fun. Wrong. If it's a WR or a DB then maybe ...OK...but if it is anyone who is needed to be a blocker or a tackler then you are in trouble. If you have a lineman worried about his hairstyle then you don't really have a lineman. You have a walking, talking bench seat taking up a scholarship from someone who'll actually drive an opponent into the dirt.

Gimmicks are a way to cover up that you actually don't have much game. Or that you are more worried about how you look more than how you play....which is a problem.

If you are Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis or Rocket Ismail then go ahead and have a towel on your uniform and a signature dance. But 99.9% of you aren't.....you are just some sad cunt trying to get people to look at you.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

The types to avoid:

The most accurate post I've seen in my total of 5 years on message boards. You win for a long time

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

The types to avoid:

And if you see those hog mollies playing basketball at the rec, their shorts better not be going passed their mid thigh

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I don't think he played a down before transferring. (A rare thing as this was before the transfer portal era) His name: Craig Roark.
Interesting....name drop. I have some Tenopir drill tape stuff, was on a coaching forum talking trading materials, lo and behold, I get an email Roark, wanting to get a copy of some of my materials. Long story short, I sent my stuff, got stiffed...never heard from him again after a couple more inquiries.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

The types to avoid:

I'm going to put in a good word for you in the recruiting department.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Interesting....name drop. I have some Tenopir drill tape stuff, was on a coaching forum talking trading materials, lo and behold, I get an email Roark, wanting to get a copy of some of my materials. Long story short, I sent my stuff, got stiffed...never heard from him again after a couple more inquiries.
I fucking hate people like that! Not NU related or coaching related but I sold a $4,000+ setup to a guy last fall. Fairly local farmer dude. All was well. So he orders near $4k more in items (about $3k of it is time sensitive and is a live root). The dude fucking went radio silent. I even had mutual friends reach out and he ghosted everyone. No fucking integrity!

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Apparently Benning said that our interior line is Nouili, Hixson, and Williams. Can anyone confirm he said this?

Is Thompson going to get murdered?
He mentioned them as a possible combination.

Maybe

I think if the season started tomorrow and everybody was healthy...

LT Teddy
LG Williams
C Turner
RG Nouili
RT Benhart

Is who I would roll with.

Couple things on this

• Williams is more experienced on the left side. Nouili has played both.
    • As somebody who played left tackle....You put me on the right side it fucked with my footwork. It isn't something you can flip a switch on and do. Nouili did it in the past. So that is why I would flip him vs Williams.
  • Benhart problems aren't physical. They are mental. If he gets out of his head you could see him snap back. I thought he had a good spring game vs Caleb Tannor.
  • I think if we can run the ball with RB run game it will help our pass pro out more. Not getting too excited, but I think you could see a different mentality/philosophy being taught.
  • I think they will probably bring in 1 OL and it will be best available between center or OT.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He mentioned them as a possible combination.

Maybe

I think if the season started tomorrow and everybody was healthy...

LT Teddy
LG Williams
C Turner
RG Nouili
RT Benhart

Is who I would roll with.

Couple things on this

• Williams is more experienced on the left side. Nouili has played both.
    • As somebody who played left tackle....You put me on the right side it fucked with my footwork. It isn't something you can flip a switch on and do. Nouili did it in the past. So that is why I would flip him vs Williams.
  • Benhart problems aren't physical. They are mental. If he gets out of his head you could see him snap back. I thought he had a good spring game vs Caleb Tannor.
  • I think if we can run the ball with RB run game it will help our pass pro out more. Not getting too excited, but I think you could see a different mentality/philosophy being taught.
  • I think they will probably bring in 1 OL and it will be best available between center or OT.
On RSS you would get shit on for this opinion and it would be 100% coaching as to why a lineman can't do that

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds