Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Other games (4 Viewers)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Billy Kemp currently leads our squad with 8 catches on the year, Brahmer 1 off that

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Looking at our 4 games after Michigan it is inexcusable to not win 3 of those. Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State.

With good coaching we win all 4, we certainly have the talent to win those games.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
USC has so many penalties. They really don’t look great. ASU running and passing well. Little bit home cooking by refs but that’s not why USC is not doing well. Colorado could play them tough if USC plays like this.

Williams looking very mediocre. also took a snap to the nuts.

Last edited:

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
10 minutes left and USC woke up. Up by 14 now. Their pass defense is not great.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
USC will beat Colorado by a lot, but it won't be like today's beat down as Colorado's offense will have some success. 63-28 sort of game.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Looking at our 4 games after Michigan it is inexcusable to not win 3 of those. Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State.

With good coaching we win all 4, we certainly have the talent to win those games.
All four are winnable because they are extremely shitty teams, but we've shown that we're not afraid to play shittier than shitty ass teams

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I’m sure I’m late to the party, but Cockeye ran 33 plays for 76 total yards in an entire game against Penn State today?

The same thing might happen to us next week… but yikes.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

This is called a straw man argument. You create a fake premise then argue against it. Let's look at talent levels, since you brought it up:

This is my guess for where Nebraska would rank in unit talent rankings in the B1G:

Offense: 14th
QB: 12-14th
RB: 12-14th
WR: 14th
OL: 11-14th
TE: 8-12th

Those are my guesses - do you disagree with any of those unit rankings? If so, do tell.

I understand that our talent level on defense is way higher....but I'm not sure how a team with probably the worst offensive talent in P5 could or should be expected to win 4 straight games in a good conference like the B1G.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I’m sure I’m late to the party, but Cockeye ran 33 plays for 76 total yards in an entire game against Penn State today?

The same thing might happen to us next week… but yikes.
Yep, 20 rushing yards and 56 passing yards

4 first downs and 4 fumbles, 7 punts, 1-9 on 3rd down

Truly an epic performance by Brian Ferentz

1st drive 6 plays

Next 8 drives 3 plays or less

Last drive 5 plays

14:33 in time of possesion

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

While we certainly have the talent to win those games, we don't have a talent advantage over any of them either. Our talent, especially on offense has yet to show itself.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
USC will beat Colorado by a lot, but it won't be like today's beat down as Colorado's offense will have some success. 63-28 sort of game.
It was the first game of theirs I watched. Maybe it was an off night. But I was not impressed. USC is beatable based on what I saw last night.

ASU moved the ball on them easily in passing game. Rushing was okay but not great. USC shot themselves in foot a lot with turnovers

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was the first game of theirs I watched. Maybe it was an off night. But I was not impressed. USC is beatable based on what I saw last night.

ASU moved the ball on them easily in passing game. Rushing was okay but not great. USC shot themselves in foot a lot with turnovers
Plus the Pac 12 has some solid teams who can score. The Pac 12 is actually a pretty decent football conference this year.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
I guess what I’m saying is I could see USC losing a game or two.
I will pay more attention to them. It was the first game of theirs I watched. I live in Phoenix area and mainly watched due to ASU. Will be interesting to see if this was just a bad night for USC and Williams. He was definitely not Heisman quality last night

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds