Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: Valentine's Day (2 Viewers)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Do you spend lots of money on it? I told my wife when we started dating that I'll be romantic 364 days a year, but I'm not fucking buying you $80 flowers on Valentine's Day. Don't get me started on the shitty chocolate.

She's honestly totally fine with it. In fact our teenage daughter was giving me shit for it and my wife said, "Buy me coffee in the morning and I'm very happy. I don't want anything else, I'd rather save the money".

it's the stupidest holiday ever conceived.

To be clear on Christmas/birthday/anniversary/etc I usually way overspend on her because I freaking love spoiling her and making her feel appreciated, often double the budget. I promise she feels loved and cherished 52 weeks out of the year.

/rant

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Do you spend lots of money on it? I told my wife when we started dating that I'll be romantic 364 days a year, but I'm not fucking buying you $80 flowers on Valentine's Day. Don't get me started on the shitty chocolate.

She's honestly totally fine with it. In fact our teenage daughter was giving me shit for it and my wife said, "Buy me coffee in the morning and I'm very happy. I don't want anything else, I'd rather save the money".

it's the stupidest holiday ever conceived.

To be clear on Christmas/birthday/anniversary/etc I usually way overspend on her because I freaking love spoiling her and making her feel appreciated, often double the budget. I promise she feels loved and cherished 52 weeks out of the year.

/rant
I like the cut of your jib slump buster. Between this thread and the baseball thread it seems like we think a like. We'll go to Ash Wednesday mass, go home and eat, try to conceive child #2 after #1 goes to sleep, and no gifts. We prefer to use our money on other things rather than buy overpriced flowers and other goods.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm just surprised no one has complained about the floating hearts

done adam sandler GIF

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
My wife told me not to buy flowers for her this year. And they say romance is dead.

Man, and you fell for that??? Rule #1, if a woman tells you not to do something, she really wants you to do it... :)

That said, I wised up long ago and get her flowers earlier in the week when they're normal priced...

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Man, and you fell for that??? Rule #1, if a woman tells you not to do something, she really wants you to do it... :)

That said, I wised up long ago and get her flowers earlier in the week when they're normal priced...
I had cupcakes delivered instead.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds