Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT Mind Over Murder (1 Viewer)

doublewing

Running Back
Yes, I'm caught up on it. Interesting case. I moved from NE by the time it was revived in the courts so didn't follow it in real time. Sad story all around thus far.

That and holy shit there are some trashy folks in Beatrice. Are these just the town freaks or is this standard fare for that part of NE?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
That and holy shit there are some trashy folks in Beatrice. Are these just the town freaks or is this standard fare for that part of NE?

Southeast Nebraska is the trashiest part of the State and it’s not even remotely close.

As an alum of Falls City PUBLIC I can assure you the above statement is 100% accurate.

Pro_V_DMB

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yes, I'm caught up on it. Interesting case. I moved from NE by the time it was revived in the courts so didn't follow it in real time. Sad story all around thus far.

Definitely giving small town Nebraska a bad look. Very hick-ish

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Southeast Nebraska is the trashiest part of the State and it’s not even remotely close.

As an alum of Falls City PUBLIC I can assure you the above statement is 100% accurate.
Some places like North Platte in the west can compete.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
So are Beatrice 6 actually innocent or did they all take part in the murder

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

did summer coed softball in Beatrice for 2 seasons whilst in college, Beatrice i belive is where the term “3rd world country” began BELLLCCHHH

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

It’s just more evident in small communities. I’ll assure you that all towns are trashy, including the beloved cities. Just go to a Walmart or gas station in any city you think doesn’t have it. There you will see

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Throw in the Rulo cult/murders, the Teena Brandon thing in Humboldt....there must be something in the water. Very fucked up.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
So are Beatrice 6 actually innocent or did they all take part in the murder
Considering how Burt Searcey would stop recording the interrogations until he heard what he wanted to hear, then turn camera back on when they were ready to implicate someone...plus the psychologist meeting with them privately in their cell to reinforce the concept of "repressed memory."...plus no DNA from any of them at the crime scene...it seems unlikely any of them were ever involved. Sadly, Joseph White was probably the only one with an IQ above 75, and never confessed...so Searcey took advantage of the other 5 dimwits to convict him.

doublewing

Running Back
Considering how Burt Searcey would stop recording the interrogations until he heard what he wanted to hear, then turn camera back on when they were ready to implicate someone...plus the psychologist meeting with them privately in their cell to reinforce the concept of "repressed memory."...plus no DNA from any of them at the crime scene...it seems unlikely any of them were ever involved. Sadly, Joseph White was probably the only one with an IQ above 75, and never confessed...so Searcey took advantage of the other 5 dimwits to convict him.
That is a good summary.

I'd add that there are plenty of cases out there where innocent people have confessed to crimes they didn't commit. There is a documentary series on Netflix called "Confession Tapes" that highlights many of these. Trained investigators know how to lean on people to do this.

Always lawyer up.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds