Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: I lack motivation today (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sitting at my desk. I have zero desire to do anything today.

I tweeted this as well, but sometimes I need a break from my weekends. We do it to ourselves, keeping our kids busy with sports, but Jesus I'm tired today.

So here's my question to the board on a Tuesday. Anybody have any big vacations planned this summer?

At the very end of July we are flying the kids to Hawaii. My sister's husband is stationed there, but not for much longer, so we are going while we still have a free place to stay. We are 61 days from taking off, and I can not wait.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Vacationing now, Bootleg. But I have the added benefit of being retired for a decade. They're all simply "days that end in a y" from here on out for this guy!

BUT ... when we get home it's handoff time from my sister, who has taken her turn at the wheel in caring for our 94 year old Father. Our turn, so summer travel trips will get kicked to the curb until my sister returns from AZ and takes him back again.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Vacationing now, Bootleg. But I have the added benefit of being retired for a decade. They're all simply "days that end in a y" from here on out for this guy!

BUT ... when we get home it's handoff time from my sister, who has taken her turn at the wheel in caring for our 94 year old Father. Our turn, so summer travel trips will get kicked to the curb until my sister returns from AZ and takes him back again.
Where are you vacationing?

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG

I tweeted this as well, but sometimes I need a break from my weekends. We do it to ourselves, keeping our kids busy with sports, but Jesus I'm tired today.

So here's my question to the board on a Tuesday. Anybody have any big vacations planned this summer?

At the very end of July we are flying the kids to Hawaii. My sister's husband is stationed there, but not for much longer, so we are going while we still have a free place to stay. We are 61 days from taking off, and I can not wait.
Mini vacationed at Milford Lake this last weekend. I’m in the same boat - just zero desire.

Between my wife and I we have 3 trips in July. We’re going to Gulf Shores together. She’s going to Nashville for a bachelorette party the following weekend and then I’m going to KC for a bachelor party the weekend after that.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
My last several days:

Wednesday - supposed to take day off but worked a full day AND starting coming down with the flu

Thursday - still felt like shit and drove 18 hours straight through with the family to a wedding in Branson

Friday - somewhat of a relaxing day but still feeling like shit

Saturday - wedding which involved drinking while still feeling sick

Sunday - drove 15 hours and made it to Blacksburg, VA to spend the night in a hotel

Yesterday - finished the drive in order to make it to my son’s soccer tournament finals. Laundry and grocery shopping and passed out.

Today, work is feeling like a vacation.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's a vacation?

Legitimately haven't gone on a trip for any reason other than work or visiting family since my honeymoon, and my wife and I will be celebrating 5 years married on Friday...

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
What's a vacation?

Legitimately haven't gone on a trip for any reason other than work or visiting family since my honeymoon, and my wife and I will be celebrating 5 years married on Friday...
My wife and I are celebrating 15 years in January. We are going to Marco Island, FL for a few days.

I was the same as you, never vacationed. As an independent contractor, I didn't want to take days off...ever.

Now I work as an employee of a company, and if I can find some time take off, I do. We have to carefully plan vacations though because we do have 3 kids that play a ton of sports. We are doing Hawaii the last weekend of July - first week of August because it's my 13 year old's only week that he doesn't have weights for football.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My last several days:

Wednesday - supposed to take day off but worked a full day AND starting coming down with the flu

Thursday - still felt like shit and drove 18 hours straight through with the family to a wedding in Branson

Friday - somewhat of a relaxing day but still feeling like shit

Saturday - wedding which involved drinking while still feeling sick

Sunday - drove 15 hours and made it to Blacksburg, VA to spend the night in a hotel

Yesterday - finished the drive in order to make it to my son’s soccer tournament finals. Laundry and grocery shopping and passed out.

Today, work is feeling like a vacation.
Brutal

That is a shit ton of driving. My wife basically refuses to drive anywhere over 8 hours (my parents happen to live 8 hours away). She does not like riding in a car plus we have a kid that loves to get car sick.

Personally, if I'm by myself or just me and my older son, we'd drive anywhere. I enjoy driving and seeing new stuff.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member

We're also going to Hawaii in July with a group of friends, though our trip is 7/2 - 7/9.

We originally had this tripped planned for 2020, but we all know how that turned out. The Airbnb wouldn't let us cancel but would honor our reservation whenever we wanted to come. So, here we come!

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
We're also going to Hawaii in July with a group of friends, though our trip is 7/2 - 7/9.

We originally had this tripped planned for 2020, but we all know how that turned out. The Airbnb wouldn't let us cancel but would honor our reservation whenever we wanted to come. So, here we come!
Will you be on Oahu?

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just got back from a guys trip in FL. It was pretty good but 7 dudes in a condo gets to be too much. Going back with my GF in July to Ocean Ridge. That one will be much more comfortable and we'll have her parents there who love to eat at fancy places and not charge me. Should be a good time. Enjoy your vacation!

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I’m dog ass tired from moving over Memorial Day weekend. Then building shelves because we have entirely too much shit. And it needs organized into a more efficient space. Almost done. Have the garage done and have one unfinished room in the basement I’m almost done with a massive L shaped shelving apparatus I dreamt up and built. Sitting here waiting to go to one daughters Tball game. Sore. And tired ass hell.

We are taking a vacation to Panama City in July for a week. We try to take a week every summer to somewhere “beachy” to relax, let the kids play at the beach and/or swim all day. So far we’ve done gulf shores and Daytona Beach.

Would love to go back to Hawaii when our kids get a little older. Wife and I went to Kauai and was awesome.

betsch

Safety

hmmmmmmm.....I know I shouldn't think what I am thinking......but here I am.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm laughing so hard at you spending thousands of dollars for sit in traffic for a week
Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds