Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22) (17 Viewers)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
thunder-red.gif

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
holy smokes has the pitch clock made baseball so much more enjoyable to watch. Would be curious to see how UCLA is handling it lol.
I remember when they won the Series a decade or so ago and their entire game plan was bunt players around and slow the game waaaaayyyy down defensively. They'd have been screwed like this.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
And we still got 4 runs. No All American hitters in this lineup but it seems like a solid lineup from top to bottom
It always seems like the first week or so nobody is quite ready to hit. So I wouldn’t worry about it.
Oh know I totally get that. It was a semi joke hard to tell my bad.
I joke because I used to get on my teams for having over half their outs be from strikeouts. But I realize I did not present it as a joke.

but only 2 looking strikeouts out of 14 is not bad at all

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Oh know I totally get that. It was a semi joke hard to tell my bad.
I joke because I used to get on my teams for having over half their outs be from strikeouts. But I realize I did not present it as a joke.

but only 2 looking strikeouts out of 14 is not bad at all

I got you. And for a team that probably isn’t going to hit many homers, we certainly have to make more contact. 14 K’s is by no means acceptable. So you’re right.

i know you’re not saying this, but I don’t think we have near the sample size to say this is who they are either. Matthews was on pace after 6-8 games last year to strike out at about a 50% clip.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
And we still got 4 runs. No All American hitters in this lineup but it seems like a solid lineup from top to bottom
Carey has potential to be an AA, will see how consistent he can make contact..

Side note: I think the greatest asset of an MLB stadium is the ability to use reference points to gauge the players. Maybe it was just the first game but Stone has the range of a Stone at first.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Carey has potential to be an AA, will see how consistent he can make contact..

Side note: I think the greatest asset of an MLB stadium is the ability to use reference points to gauge the players. Maybe it was just the first game but Stone has the range of a Stone at first.

That’s probably why he plays first….

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
First things first, big time outing by Sears. He was in complete control and at moments Childress was calling pitches like a video game. Pure domination! Major props to Timmerman, a true freshmen that didn't get rattled after getting hit hard and he kept filling up the zone. The big boy from Beatrice wasn't fazed in a tie game & tons of pressure. Perry & Daiss finished it off. 0 BB in 9 innings against a Big 12 opponent and it's opening day. Wow, incredible.

I'm curious how many 3 ball counts our pitchers had today? I can think of 3 with Sears, 0 Timmerman, maybe 1 Perry & none with Daiss. So 4 total, maybe 5, that's awesome as well.

14 K's offensively can't be brushed off to opening weekend. It's a continued trend under Harvell where we've averaged around 8.5 or so per season. And if we break it down to clutch hitting, our K ratio has been horrendous the last 2 seasons. Situational hitting has been an achilles heel the last 2 seasons but today Carey & Brumbaugh came thru. And as Stone Cold always says, "that's the bottom line." 3 different times we came thru against Friday arms, although I wasn't overly impressed with Baylors guys. I thought ours outshined theirs in every possible aspect.

1-0, chalk it up!

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
0 BB in 9 innings against a Big 12 opponent and it's opening day. Wow, incredible.

I'm curious how many 3 ball counts our pitchers had today? I can think of 3 with Sears, 0 Timmerman, maybe 1 Perry & none with Daiss. So 4 total, maybe 5, that's awesome as well.
This is seriously my favorite thing

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
@PonyBoy

You know anything about the AD and Bolt being at a disagreement on some of the baseball related stuff?

It's not a disagreement, it's promises made that haven't come thru. It started with Moos during the hiring process and carried over, further, with Alberts.

It doesn't do any good to discuss it in detail now though. The season started, and I believe it has potential so I'm going to enjoy it while we can.

Alberts unhappy about two mediocre seasons in a row?

He needs a GPS to find Hawks Field.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds