Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Not like we ran into a buzz saw. Sears hung a couple shitty 2 strike pitches and it cost him. He seemed generally sloppy and not sharp, so credit to him for only giving up 3.

They generally hit the piss out of the ball. We’re kind of lucky they didn’t score more, but we also had some hard hit balls go for outs.

Shoulda tagged their pitcher early when his breaking ball was ass. Was solid after that, though. If that kid can put it together he looks to be a hell of a pitcher.

And then they had some kid who had played in 5 games hit 3 doubles! Not sure we have that kind of talent just hanging out on our bench.

The no tag sucked, but it’s been covered. Not capitalizing with bases loaded and 1 out also sucked.
That kid also his his first HR of the season IIRC.

National seed East Carolona lost to Evansville.

National seed Georgia needed a run in the 8th to beat Army.

National seed North Carolina walk off grand slam to beat Long Island.

National seed Clemson is tied 3-3 with High Point in the 8th.

Wake Forest didn't throw their ace, a projected top 8 overall pick, and lost today.

I pray we start McConaughey Saturday.

3 seeds are dominating the day.

Indiana & Illinois both won.

National seed East Carolona lost to Evansville.

National seed Georgia needed a run in the 8th to beat Army.

National seed North Carolina walk off grand slam to beat Long Island.

National seed Clemson is tied 3-3 with High Point in the 8th.

Wake Forest didn't throw their ace, a projected top 8 overall pick, and lost today.

I pray we start McConaughey Saturday.

3 seeds are dominating the day.

Indiana & Illinois both won.
Also, the SC/JM game was crazy in the bottom of the 9th. With 2 outs the James Madison pitcher hit a batter and then gave up a 2 run HR for a tie game. South Carolina then won in the bottom of the 10th. Crazy day for baseball.

Always start your best and figure out the rest later. Unfortunately, Nebraska doesnt have the luxury to select between two first rounders.

@jickey moseph may be on to something.

Evan Bland article
Right-hander Mason McConnaughey has followed Brett Sears in the weekend rotation since April but the Huskers’ best path to another multi-day run in a postseason format might be to save their most consistent remaining starter — with a 3.09 ERA this season — for a potential Sunday meeting with Florida or Oklahoma State.

Nebraska, in theory, could throw Will Walsh or Jackson Brockett on Saturday and tap McConnaughey and Walsh/Brockett for a Sunday doubleheader. That would set up a decisive regional final Monday.

Of course, the Huskers could also attempt to use a similar sequence of starters that worked in Omaha going from McConnaughey to Walsh to Brockett to Christo.

@jickey moseph may be on to something.

Evan Bland article
Right-hander Mason McConnaughey has followed Brett Sears in the weekend rotation since April but the Huskers’ best path to another multi-day run in a postseason format might be to save their most consistent remaining starter — with a 3.09 ERA this season — for a potential Sunday meeting with Florida or Oklahoma State.

Nebraska, in theory, could throw Will Walsh or Jackson Brockett on Saturday and tap McConnaughey and Walsh/Brockett for a Sunday doubleheader. That would set up a decisive regional final Monday.

Of course, the Huskers could also attempt to use a similar sequence of starters that worked in Omaha going from McConnaughey to Walsh to Brockett to Christo.

If we're playing to win, we save Mason, IMO

I'm late to the party and haven't read any post over the last day but I told a guy I worked with on Tuesday that I felt we would lose our momentum with the long break. Everything was clicking last weekend. Just felt we came out flat today. Hopefully the can repeat last weekends success.

I'm late to the party and haven't read any post over the last day but I told a guy I worked with on Tuesday that I felt we would lose our momentum with the long break. Everything was clicking last weekend. Just felt we came out flat today. Hopefully the can repeat last weekends success.
I agree!! We came out about as flat as those Humphrey womens’ asses!!

absolute idiot
095f54154906df77c7dee923f258ec83.gif

1 seeds went 14-2. The two 4 seed upsets; Grand Canyon beat Arizona & Evansville beat East Carolina. A few 1 seeds won either on a walk-off or an 8th inning score.

2 seeds went 5-10, with 1 game suspended (2 seed LaTech losing to Kansas State).

Wasn’t Niagara a 4 seed in the Lincoln regional a decade or so ago and eliminate Nebraska

what in the Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See is a purple eagle?

Looks like McConnaughey on the bump. They must feel more confident than me that Walsh/Brockett hold up in the high stakes games.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back