Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22) (11 Viewers)

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Honestly not a bad path to the ship. Indiana can be a tough out and any team can win any day, but hard to argue with it.
We'll go as far as our bullpen will take us. I find myself having conflicting feelings about this team. Comparing the overall record for this team against the last 2 seasons, you'd think I'd be happy and looking forward to the conference and NCAA tourney. Except, I find myself thinking that I know how it'll go. We can win games with Sears and McConnaughey starting but other than those 2 guys our chances of winning a game are pretty damn slim. I'll still watch with some hope they can pull it off but I've seen this movie before.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
We'll go as far as our bullpen will take us. I find myself having conflicting feelings about this team. Comparing the overall record for this team against the last 2 seasons, you'd think I'd be happy and looking forward to the conference and NCAA tourney. Except, I find myself thinking that I know how it'll go. We can win games with Sears and McConnaughey starting but other than those 2 guys our chances of winning a game are pretty damn slim. I'll still watch with some hope they can pull it off but I've seen this movie before.
It's not like other teams have strong Sunday pitching either. We have three potential third starters (Christo, Brockett, and Walsh) who have all had their moments

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider

Unless you're a top 15-20 team, that's everyone though.

2022 sucked. I don't think we'll see another season like that under Bolt. We lost way too much from the 2021 team to overcome it in such a short period after not having a 2020 season. I warned just about everyone 2022 was going to be a rough year. Then add the portal, where everyone stayed old while we lost many dudes.

2021 (32-12 reg season) is very similar to 2023 (31-21-1 reg season) which is also very similar to this season (34-19 reg season). The difference is Q4 record; 2023 was 14-6 while 2024 is 4-1. Move the 2023 Q4 record to 17-3/18-2 and we're in the NCAA tournament last year (The 4 losses to Summit League teams killed any opportunity). No question. Until the PAC teams join, we're going to struggle playing many Q1 games in conference so we have to have a good mix between Q2 & Q3 with a lean towards more in the Q2 category. Balance is needed...

Q1 = 2-2
Q2 = 7-4
Q3 = 11-6
Q4 = 14-2

2022 donkey

Q1 = 2-7
Q2 = 6-2
Q3 = 11-8-1
Q4 = 14-6

Q1 = 3-1
Q2 = 12-11
Q3 = 15-6
Q4 = 4-1

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Unless you're a top 15-20 team, that's everyone though.

2022 sucked. I don't think we'll see another season like that under Bolt. We lost way too much from the 2021 team to overcome it in such a short period after not having a 2020 season. I warned just about everyone 2022 was going to be a rough year. Then add the portal, where everyone stayed old while we lost many dudes.

2021 (32-12 reg season) is very similar to 2023 (31-21-1 reg season) which is also very similar to this season (34-19 reg season). The difference is Q4 record; 2023 was 14-6 while 2024 is 4-1. Move the 2023 Q4 record to 17-3/18-2 and we're in the NCAA tournament last year (The 4 losses to Summit League teams killed any opportunity). No question. Until the PAC teams join, we're going to struggle playing many Q1 games in conference so we have to have a good mix between Q2 & Q3 with a lean towards more in the Q2 category. Balance is needed...

Q1 = 2-2
Q2 = 7-4
Q3 = 11-6
Q4 = 14-2

2022 donkey

Q1 = 2-7
Q2 = 6-2
Q3 = 11-8-1
Q4 = 14-6

Q1 = 3-1
Q2 = 12-11
Q3 = 15-6
Q4 = 4-1
Believe me, I'm trying to get excited but just feel like I have beaten dog syndrome. Not having a consistent 3rd starting pitcher, below average bullpen, and no closer has worn me down. I get that it's baseball and anything can happen. Just got to get hot at the right time. We should be due after we went 2-32 with runners in scoring position just a couple weeks ago.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Believe me, I'm trying to get excited but just feel like I have beaten dog syndrome. Not having a consistent 3rd starting pitcher, below average bullpen, and no closer has worn me down. I get that it's baseball and anything can happen. Just got to get hot at the right time. We should be due after we went 2-32 with runners in scoring position just a couple weeks ago.

Every post season in any level of baseball you need a hero or two that nobody thought would step up.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Are the Hoosiers and Boilermakers throwing their ace first game?
Indiana’s SP tonight is the same guy they started against Sears on Friday night a few weeks ag

Looks like Purdue is starting their ace as well

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds