Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Wtf happened left early to get boys home at a decent time.

Bright side another 2 foul balls for the boys.

View attachment 37155

Childress got pretty with musical chairs in the bullpen.

Carey cost us on a simple grounder. Few batters later, it's a 6-5 game instead of 6-4. Sphincters tightened harder than a Frost-Davison bender.

Bolt & Harvell produced 6 runs on 12 hits, 8 walks, 2 hbp. How'd we only score 6? 14 left on base with 11 strikeouts. Against SDSU 😂

Rarely does a single loss in baseball eat my crawl. But tonight's game, it does.

Childress got pretty with musical chairs in the bullpen.

Carey cost us on a simple grounder. Few batters later, it's a 6-5 game instead of 6-4. Sphincters tightened harder than a Frost-Davison bender.

Bolt & Harvell produced 6 runs on 12 hits, 8 walks, 2 hbp. How'd we only score 6? 14 left on base with 11 strikeouts. Against SDSU 😂

Rarely does a single loss in baseball eat my crawl. But tonight's game, it does.
Did we lose Pony? Just got done farmin

Yes, it's a devastating loss from a hosting standpoint but our 6 remaining conference games are what matters most. Less than a 5% chance to host, maybe closer to 2%, but run the B1G tournament - as in, reach the finals - and we're right back in it. Haha! #PipeDream

SDSU is our only Q4 loss now that Cockeye is a Q3.

Why did I do the below? Simple; to show 1, and even 2, Q4 losses aren't even close to the end of the world. 12 of the 21 top 30 RPI teams have at least 1 Q4 loss. Our metrics remain strong. Especially our non-conference SOS at #11. And it won't move much, maybe 1 or 2 slots either way, the rest of the year.

Here are the current projected teams behind us in RPI
(2) Nebraska (30 RPI, 1 Q4 loss).
(3) UCF (32 RPI, 2 Q4 losses)
(2) West Virginia (37 RPI, 1 Q4 loss)
(3) Kansas State (38 RPI, 1 Q4 loss)
(3) Southern Miss (41 RPI, 3 Q4 losses)
(3) Louisiana Tech (42 RPI, 1 Q4 loss)
(3) Virginia Tech (43 RPI, 1 Q4 loss)
(2) Oregon (46 RPI, 2 Q4 losses)
(2) Louisiana (48 RPI, 5 Q4 losses)
(3) Georgia Tech (50 RPI, 1 Q4 loss)
(2) Texas (51 RPI, 8 Q4 losses)
(3) St Johns (53 RPI, 3 Q4 losses & 1 tie)
(3) Illinois (56 RPI, 2 Q4 losses)
(3) Utah (70 RPI, 5 Q4 losses)

**UCONN, Illinois & Zona are not included, although their RPI's are lower, as I believe they're projected to win their conference auto bid. 1 bid leagues not included in the above either as it's irrelevant. Not sure about Louisiana so I have them listed as I believe Dallas Baptist is projected to win their auto-bid. Plus, DBU has a better overall RPI than us.

Kobe Bryant GIF
https://giphy.com/explore/sarcastic?sort=recent
1715288429760.gif

3 strikeouts in the inning for Indiana to end the inning. Nebraska leaves 2 on base

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back