Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (32-18) (15 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I watched on my phone the first inning and that's it. I thought Harrahill handled himself well after giving up 2 hits to start then retiring the next 2 guys. Tough break on the double then the error for 2 unearned runs. 2-0 isn't that bad for a true frosh to overcome and it would've been nice to see him come back & compete. 4-0 after 1 inning is a big mountain for a first start.

Did his stuff look good? Tough to tell on a phone.

His stuff did look good and I like him a lot. I chalked a lot of what happened up to first start nerves for him. But his stuff is absolutely going to play at this level and I absolutely believe he’ll have a role on this staff.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
This could brew in to some issues with the players. Some weren't happy with Christo on Friday last week & I can't imagine they will be this week.

Now watch Christo toss a gem & Sears have a letdown this weekend. haha

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
This could brew in to some issues with the players. Some weren't happy with Christo on Friday last week & I can't imagine they will be this week.

Now watch Christo toss a gem & Sears have a letdown this weekend. haha

They weren’t happy that he was the Friday guy? Or weren’t happy with him during his performance?

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I remember when Soggy Burrito (Augie Guardio) would start his #3 on Fridays, and then go #1 on Saturdays and #2 on Sundays. He always said that it gave him the best chance to take 2 of 3 in the series.
This was my thinking of why maybe you throw Sears on Saturday. Like the rationale with this rotation and bullpen arms.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Weren't happy Sears was bumped to Saturday. The locker-room was fiery last Wednesday & Friday.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

Sidenote and I think a very overlooked part of this team so far has been Tyler Stone. To me in the second game of the GC series he got really Yank happy and his swing was really long. Looked like he was casting the bat quite a bit. Since then he’s really shortened up and he’s crushing the ball and he’s a huge part of our offense.

Any idea if they made a micro adjustment with him at all?

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
I remember when Soggy Burrito (Augie Guardio) would start his #3 on Fridays, and then go #1 on Saturdays and #2 on Sundays. He always said that it gave him the best chance to take 2 of 3 in the series.

I don't recall that, but I do recall him saying it when we had Shane Komine. Augie refused to throw his #1 against Komine and he made it known. Childress has never done that before and can't imagine he'd change philosophy this late in his career.

Any idea if they made a micro adjustment with him at all?

I don't know & haven't paid attention. Big fan of him though.

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Christo is a little bit of a crapshoot. But when he’s good, he’s good. He has Friday stuff at least.

I think it comes down to “would you rather lose Friday night, and have a coin flip starter on Saturday, or a guy who you know exactly what you’re going to get”.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Christo is a little bit of a crapshoot. But when he’s good, he’s good. He has Friday stuff at least.

I think it comes down to “would you rather lose Friday night, and have a coin flip starter on Saturday, or a guy who you know exactly what you’re going to get”.

I'd rather limit my bullpen on Friday and not roll the dice. I understand what you're saying, and it makes sense, just don't agree with it.

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I'd rather limit my bullpen on Friday and not roll the dice. I understand what you're saying, and it makes sense, just don't agree with it.
That’s fair - not necessarily saying I like the approach. I’d rather set a tone on Friday night with the guy who consistently gives me the best chance to win. Just the only logical thing I can think of there as to the “why”.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Weren't happy Sears was bumped to Saturday. The locker-room was fiery last Wednesday & Friday.
Well the guys need to worry about what they can control and get behind their teammates then. We're still in the non-conference season for crying out loud.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Well the guys need to worry about what they can control and get behind their teammates then. We're still in the non-conference season for crying out loud.

I don't disagree with you. But I also understand their side as well. Drew even knew/knows Sears earned it.

We will need Christo to have a successful season.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't disagree with you. But I also understand their side as well. Drew even knew/knows Sears earned it.

We will need Christo to have a successful season.
Yeah, it’s natural to disagree with lineup/rotation and bullpen choices but as long as Christi isn’t someone who is disliked by his teammates then it shouldn’t create any problems. Rally around your guys and go battle.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds