Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (32-18) (67 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don’t mind the results of course, but I think it’s fair to critique process.

I don’t want to just look at box score and make my conclusions. But I’d like to see what happened with Christo and Horn. Did they get hit hard? Were they the victims of some bad luck, etc. Overall, I’d like to see average exit velo off of both if we have that data, FIP, WHIP, and BABIP if it’s available.

5 errors today? Yikes.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
I don’t mind the results of course, but I think it’s fair to critique process.

I don’t want to just look at box score and make my conclusions. But I’d like to see what happened with Christo and Horn. Did they get hit hard? Were they the victims of some bad luck, etc. Overall, I’d like to see average exit velo off of both if we have that data, FIP, WHIP, and BABIP if it’s available.

5 errors today? Yikes.

No comment on Friday, didn't watch and only listened to a few innings.

Horn threw well today. 2 of the 6 runs allowed were earned. And it shouldn't of been 2 earned as 1 of the errors was a tailored made 2ball but when scoring you can't assume a double play. His defense failed him, big time today or it's likely he goes 5-6 innings. Because of the errors, he was limited today.

I stick with Ty as a Sunday starter, for now.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
No comment on Friday, didn't watch and only listened to a few innings.

Horn threw well today. 2 of the 6 runs allowed were earned. And it shouldn't of been 2 earned as 1 of the errors was a tailored made 2ball but when scoring you can't assume a double play. His defense failed him, big time today or it's likely he goes 5-6 innings. Because of the errors, he was limited today.

I stick with Ty as a Sunday starter, for now.

Good news on Horn. I really like his stuff and I think he’s a pro. We are in incredible shape if he’s our 3rd best.

Slightly concerned on the errors. But I also remind myself that 50% of our best infield isn’t playing.

Side note, they have changed it in the big leagues for official scores to where you can in fact assume a double play. If they did that for college I’ve got no idea. But I do know they can assume a double play in the bigs.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds