Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (28-15) BROCKETT THROWS NO-HITTER!!!! (18 Viewers)

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Bullpen continues to be Bolt’s Achilles heel, and he’s had plenty of opportunities to fix it. Not sure where you go from here, because he’s clearly shown he isn’t capable of fixing the issue.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
He put 3 on; single, single, BB.

Rob fvcking Childress.

And people bashed Christy non-stop.
I thought Perry just gave up the two singles but I stopped paying attention for a minute after the second single

The Childress stuff is getting a little concerning. Pitching staff seems to have taken two steps back

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
I thought Perry just gave up the two singles but I stopped paying attention for a minute after the second single

The Childress stuff is getting a little concerning. Pitching staff seems to have taken two steps back

No biggie. Perry gave up 1B, 1B, F2 (bunt popped up foul), BB then Childress pulled him.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Did Perry chirp at the other team all the way to the dugout after getting pulled? Or does he just do that to scrub schools like New Mexico State?

Exactly. He did it to Grand Canyon, NM State & Northwestern too.

Once Childress left the dugout Perry was saying NO NO NO. Dude, you just loaded the fucking bases in the 9th and you're a 6th year senior. :reggiemillergif:

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
No biggie. Perry gave up 1B, 1B, F2 (bunt popped up foul), BB then Childress pulled him.
What's your thoughts on all the defensive shifts? That 2nd single he gave up just got past our 3rd baseman, who was playing between 3rd and SS, and could have been a double play or at least an out if there was no shift. That was their 3 hitter batting .400. I'd think he doesn't get to batting .400 by pulling it 75-80% of the time. IMO we're shifting too much and should only be doing it if the guys stats show he's obviously a pull hitter (>75% of the time or something like that).

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
What's your thoughts on all the defensive shifts? That 2nd single he gave up just got past our 3rd baseman, who was playing between 3rd and SS, and could have been a double play or at least an out if there was no shift. That was their 3 hitter batting .400. I'd think he doesn't get to batting .400 by pulling it 75-80% of the time. IMO we're shifting too much and should only be doing it if the guys stats show he's obviously a pull hitter (>75% of the time or something like that).

The shift has killed us in 2024, mostly with RH bats though. It was their lead-off guy Sailors (LH) that punched one in the 9th & he went oppo against us in the first game too. Heck, the shift killed us against Rutgers too.

Marcuzzo was nails for us with scouting reports. I haven't been impressed with Sirianni in this aspect, at all. Barf.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
The shift has killed us in 2024, mostly with RH bats though. It was their lead-off guy Sailors (LH) that punched one in the 9th & he went oppo against us in the first game too. Heck, the shift killed us against Rutgers too.

Marcuzzo was nails for us with scouting reports. I haven't been impressed with Sirianni in this aspect, at all. Barf.

The shift giveth and the shift taketh.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Last night really sucked. But this isn’t the only baseball team who has gone through a mid-season slump.

Response is key. I’m more worried about playing our best baseball at the right times now than I am hosting a regional.

I think the boys may need Kevin Costner to give them a rain out one of these days.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I'm usually in this camp, but not this season. I'd venture to guess, to date, for every shift that benefited us, 4 or 5 haven't. It's been really bad.

To be totally honest with you, as soon as I saw that cue shot roll through the infield at around 13 MPH exit velo I knew that we were fucked. Great pitch on Perry’s part and it should have at least netted us an out if not two.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds