Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (30-15) (15 Viewers)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
welll aahhhhhh fuck I don’t have that w my rabbit ears can you keep us doused with Husker updates Harry
Huskers trail 3-5 after 5 innings. Overbeek strikes out looking on a full count to strand runners at 1st and 2nd to end the inning.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Huskers already coming back on offense. Quick 1-2-3 inning from Walsh in the top of the 6th. Buckeyes go down K, 4-3, 3U.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
C’mon boyz

ed1a6c21-eefe-4c19-934a-542b3a003927_text.gif

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Another strikeout looking with a full count, two outs, and runners on first and second. Story of the game will be our inability to bring home RISP unless something happens in the ninth.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haven’t seen a delayed steal attempt in a while. Great job by Caron to get the runner easily.

2 outs, man on first, Huskers making a pitching change in the top of the 9th.

Lfaller23

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
@PonyBoy any idea why bolt keeps fucking with the lineup? Seems like the days we struggle are the days he decides to experiment. Seems like we’re about to the point of the season where you stick with what got you there and roll with it.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
@PonyBoy any idea why bolt keeps fucking with the lineup? Seems like the days we struggle are the days he decides to experiment. Seems like we’re about to the point of the season where you stick with what got you there and roll with it.

What did he fuck with?

Sanderson was in the 3 hole and he went 2-5 with a 2-run dinger. That's the only change today. We had a change yesterday, too.

Anglim is 2-15 last 4 games. Swansen hasn't done anything all year. He played yesterday over Anglim and had another 0-4 game. We scored 7 Saturday.

I'm really not understanding the point you're trying to make. ??

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
What did he fuck with?

Sanderson was in the 3 hole and he went 2-5 with a 2-run dinger. That's the only change today. We had a change yesterday, too.

Anglim is 2-15 last 4 games. Swansen hasn't done anything all year. He played yesterday over Anglim and had another 0-4 game. We scored 7 Saturday.

apparently Bolt fvcked with the wrong poster Pony, let’s reign it in before we end up at the hyvee parking lot again 😂

Lfaller23

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

Sure, Sanderson was 2-5 (even though idk what he did to earn that spot), but my point is why mess with the lineup that just won you two games?

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Sure, Sanderson was 2-5 (even though idk what he did to earn that spot), but my point is why mess with the lineup that just won you two games?

Friday & Saturday wasn't the same lineup.

Sanderson is hitting .350 in 11 games (40 AB). That's second on the team, in limited action, so he's more than earned it. And proved it again today.

Walsh in Friday lineup, not Saturday or Sunday.

Anglim in Friday lineup, not Saturday or Sunday.

Swansen in Saturday lineup, not Friday or Sunday.

But today, a single change like Saturday is a problem? Politely, I disagree.

Lfaller23

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Friday & Saturday wasn't the same lineup.

Sanderson is hitting .350 in 11 games (40 AB). That's second on the team, in limited action, so he's more than earned it. And proved it again today.

Walsh in Friday lineup, not Saturday or Sunday.

Anglim in Friday lineup, not Saturday or Sunday.

Swansen in Saturday lineup, not Friday or Sunday.

But today, a single change like Saturday is a problem? Politely, I disagree.
I don’t have a problem with today in a nutshell. Just seems like we’re continuing to tinker, pitching as well, when we should start settling into some consistency. Just my .02.

Let me ask a different question, any idea why the Ks have seemingly reared their heads again? Approach problem, bad weekend, shit happens it’s baseball?

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
I don’t have a problem with today in a nutshell. Just seems like we’re continuing to tinker, pitching as well, when we should start settling into some consistency. Just my .02.

Let me ask a different question, any idea why the Ks have seemingly reared their heads again? Approach problem, bad weekend, shit happens it’s baseball?

I am curious about bringing in Timmerman today with Borst, Daiss & Froehlich all fresh without a pitch thrown this weekend. 5-3 game, 1 or 2 outs. Tucker has been struggling basically since Charleston, right? Odd move to me.

Outside of Friday night, I didn't pay close attention this weekend till the 8th & 9th inning today. Looking it up, we had 11-6-8 in the 3 games. Did they have guys with good spin? I mentioned it before the Pickle Smoochers game, we struggle with guys that can show spin in the zone which is why Vetok & Koch had success against us.

Desperately want a 3-1 record this week.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
You have to give guys chances, we have way too much talent and depth to not giving them chances. Swanson maybe has had a terrible season, but the dude was one of the nation leaders in home runs last year, it would be awful silly to give up on him completely. It would probably be just as silly to start him all three games on the weekend, especially when there's lots of good bats waiting for their chance.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds