Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (30-16) (42 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Wonder what the plan is for Walsh. Pickle Smoochers can swing it and Walsh hasn't exactly been missing bats so far this year. Looks like Pickle Smoochers has a good number of lefties in their lineup though.

I wonder if you go with a Walsh/Clark combo.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I wonder if you go with a Walsh/Clark combo.
I forgot about Clark.

Seems like a bunch of pitchers have been MIA lately:

1. Clark
2. Timmerman
3. Brockett
4. Horn

And then Harrahill who started that one weekday game and hasn't been heard from since

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
And he just pitched a few days ago.

Pry see him for a few innings and then they’ll bring in Brockett/Timmerman/Harrahill/Horn

Our weekend leverage guys are available tonight, with Perry the only question mark. Knowing KP though, he'll want the ball regardless how he feels.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
No. He apparently threw a knuckleball for shits and gigs warming up in spring training or something and the Padres staff hit him with:

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF
Ya I thought I read he was basically on his way out and that pitch revived his career

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I think everybody has played around with a knuckleball at some point or another.

It’s funny, one of the kids I played with thought he’d figured it all out once when he had a decent bullpen session with it. He threw it to this kid committed to Mizzou and I don’t know if it’s landed yet 17 years later.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider

Vetok is a tough match-up for us. His slider is ++, and we struggle with someone that can consistently show spin in & around the zone. His FB velo isn't enough, but if his SL is on tonight - it could be a long night for us. I think tonight might be his first career college start though.

Walsh had some success against Pickle Smoochers last year, so hoping it carries over. This Pickle Smoochers team is more aggressive at the plate than past teams.

In case anyone is getting FloBaseball - go with the 1 month option (cheaper) as we play @ Pickle Smoochers again at the end of April.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Vetok is a tough match-up for us. His slider is ++, and we struggle with someone that can consistently show spin in & around the zone. His FB velo isn't enough, but if his SL is on tonight - it could be a long night for us. I think tonight might be his first career college start though.

Walsh had some success against Pickle Smoochers last year, so hoping it carries over. This Pickle Smoochers team is more aggressive at the plate than past teams.

In case anyone is getting FloBaseball - go with the 1 month option (cheaper) as we play @ Pickle Smoochers again at the end of April.
I do believe this is Malakai's first start. his longest outing was 4.1 innings against san Francisco.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
How about they just put the games on free BTN like they promised when we moved to the confernce

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seriously though, any well hit fly ball tonight has a legit chance of getting out.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Harvell has Anglim bunt with guys on 1st and 2nd with 0 outs. Even with 2 strikes.

Same situation with Sanderson and he doesn't bunt him.

Silva F8 (should be 1 run).

Harvell, gosh damn man. Hopefully Evans or Stone picks him up.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds