Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (30-16) (55 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It only counts the teams you’ve played so far. Kendall hasn’t made a single intelligible comment about Nebraska yet this season. It’s really best to just accept that confirmation bias will likely always have them picking apart this team’s resume regardless of how well they play.

A legit goal for this team should be to host a regional. If that happens Kendall will still have them as a two seed in their own house.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
When teams’ current RPI rankings are calculated, does It include teams on the schedule that we have yet to play? Or does it count just the teams we have played so far? Either way Kendall’s take of our “Not exactly toughest schedule” doesn’t hold much argument if we are at 11 right now and if we have a #27 ranked non conference SoS. Did he just look at our schedule and say hey they’ve only played two P5 teams so far (before this weekend) and assume that without looking at rank?

Only the games played so far. And the RPI, which is partially calculated based on quadrants of each team, change on a daily basis because it factors our previous opponents results as well.

Case in point, heading in to NW weekend
Charleston was a Q2 win x3 for us. They dropped in the RPI so now they're a Q3 win x3 for us. RPI will fluctuate for another 3 weeks then start to take shape thru the end of the regular season.

Starting Tuesday, we have 18 straight games against Q1 (10) & against Q2 (8).. It was 24 including NW (Q2) & KSU (canceled) so we added a 3-0 record in the 2 quadrant. It's an incredible opportunity sitting in front of us. And I think 12 of the 18 are at home!

We will know at the end of April if we're legit contenders to be a top 16 seed, which means hosting a Regional. Or, we're fighting for 2 seed placement. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

In case anyone asks, as our schedule sits now, there are plenty (‼️) enough (‼️) Q1 & Q2 games to host. Heck, there's enough - as of today - to be a top 8 seed. No joke.

Last edited:

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
A legit goal for this team should be to host a regional. If that happens Kendall will still have them as a two seed in their own house.
Yeah I could definitely see that if we run away with the B1G and take care of Pickle Smoochers and the Kansas teams in the non con. Long, long way to go, but at least this season we’ve had the start that we needed. So many years past we played so poorly at the beginning of the year that the rest was spent scratching and clawing for the opportunity to get in as a 3 seed if we had a deep conference tourney run.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yeah I could definitely see that if we run away with the B1G and take care of Pickle Smoochers and the Kansas teams in the non con. Long, long way to go, but at least this season we’ve had the start that we needed. So many years past we played so poorly at the beginning of the year that the rest was spent scratching and clawing for the opportunity to get in as a 3 seed if we had a deep conference tourney run.

I agree 100%. I like this team a ton more than I thought I would and I would enjoy this brand of baseball moving forward from Bolt in the years to come.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
They lost a game last week, that’s pry what he’s referring to
You mean the loss to Mississippi State on 3/22? Could be what he's talking about and maybe he just mistakenly thought that happened this week. It's still weird to call out a team who wins 2/3 over a ranked conference opponent.

But fuck Turd, I'll allow it.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
You mean the loss to Mississippi State on 3/22? Could be what he's talking about and maybe he just mistakenly thought that happened this week. It's still weird to call out a team who wins 2/3 over a ranked conference opponent.

But fuck Turd, I'll allow it.
Maybe he’s getting A&M mixed up with another team

TBH I have no idea who he is, I just saw the tweet on 247 and reposted it

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds