Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (30-16) (15 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Seems like our lineup, starting pitching, and bullpen are coming into focus

C: Caron
1B: Stone or Walsh
2B: Brumbaugh or Stokes
3B: Overbeek
SS: Carey
OF: Evans
OF: Silva
OF: Anglim
DH: Brumbaugh or Stokes or Bradford or Sanderson or Huft

SP: Christo
SP: Sears
SP: McConnaughey (?)
Tuesday SP: Walsh

Primary bullpen:
1. Perry
2. Borst
3. Daiss
4. Sanders
5. Worthley

Then you've got Timmerman and Horn, who are getting lots of appearances but seem to be hit or miss

Edit: Actually Horn seems to be doing well statistically. Timmerman has had a few rough innings though

Last edited:

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Seems like our lineup, starting pitching, and bullpen are coming into focus

C: Caron
1B: Stone or Walsh
2B: Brumbaugh or Stokes
3B: Overbeek
SS: Carey
OF: Evans
OF: Silva
OF: Anglim
DH: Brumbaugh or Stokes or Bradford or Sanderson or Huft

SP: Christo
SP: Sears
SP: McConnaughey (?)
Tuesday SP: Walsh

Primary bullpen:
1. Perry
2. Borst
3. Daiss
4. Sanders
5. Worthley

Then you've got Timmerman and Horn, who are getting lots of appearances but seem to be hit or miss

Edit: Actually Horn seems to be doing well statistically. Timmerman has had a few rough innings though
If they can get Carey going, this lineup doesn't have many holes. Death by a thousand papercuts rather than the big blows like last years team. WAY more pitching depth this year too.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
If they can get Carey going, this lineup doesn't have many holes. Death by a thousand papercuts rather than the big blows like last years team. WAY more pitching depth this year too.
I’m trying to find an updated stat sheet at the moment but I think Caron and Stone are our two biggest HR threats. I think they both only have 4 a piece? But yea it seems like we are getting a lot more base hits this year and station to station hitting than last year. If someone has a good link to site that updates stat sheets regularly could you post it here?

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’m trying to find an updated stat sheet at the moment but I think Caron and Stone are our two biggest HR threats. I think they both only have 4 a piece? But yea it seems like we are getting a lot more base hits this year and station to station hitting than last year. If someone has a good link to site that updates stat sheets regularly could you post it here?
Huskers.com my man. Click on baseball and then stats. Caron has 5 and Stone has 4

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
If Swanson can get untracked too, that would be huge.

I'd be surprised if we see much of him going forward. We're 20 games in, which is 35% of the season. He's been awful, and it sucks to say that as he's a great kid with a great family.

Evans has earned an every day role. Anglim/Bradford as well. Swanny hasn't, and he's a defensive liability.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
There we have it. Friday/Saturday switch and McConnaughey Sunday. @...TrueColors...

I saw that this morning. Fuck, if Mac is your Sunday guy you’re in really good shape. I like this team a lot more than I thought I would.

I’m gonna check some strikeout numbers here after a bit.

Does anyone know where we can find extended college stats? They may not be available. If they aren’t, a man could make some money putting together the college version of baseball savant.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Given that we are hearing announcers talk about exit velo, it’s a safe assumption that we now have Statcast for college baseball. Which is a glorious day. Hopefully this data is soon made available to the public.

The reason I want this data is because we’ve talked a ton about strikeouts. But that doesn’t paint much of a picture to me. What I want to know is how many pitches per at bat players are seeing. What is their hard hit rate? Average exit velo? Expected batting average? Etc.

But for now, here are the strikeout numbers:

820 total plate appearances
165 strikeouts

That means we are striking out at a 20% rate. To be truthful, in the era we live in now, this is really not a big deal and shouldn’t be a talking point moving forward as long as we stay around in this area.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Given that we are hearing announcers talk about exit velo, it’s a safe assumption that we now have Statcast for college baseball.

Rapsodo & Trackman is where they're getting the numbers from. We've had them for quite a few years, it's nothing new. Sharp & McLaughlin have periodically mentioned exit velos and spin rates ever since Erstad was Head Coach. I do agree it seems like they're mentioning it more this season but that's baseball broadcasts as a whole.

Synergy is what college programs have been using the last few years as far as scouting reports, obviously all teams have access to other teams data. I don't believe it's readily available for the public though. It's incredible what it spits out, but it's not like Rapsodo, Trackman, Statcast or Savant...

Synergy will give you data on, as an example; what pitch is thrown in every single count of each pitcher, against LHH or RHH, number of outs, bases empty, runners on which base, which inning, pitch count category, so on & so on. Same thing the other way around for hitters, it breaks it down under every situation a hitter has faced.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds