Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (32-18) (17 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
27-13 was the hypothetical goal at this point and we're 27-14 (I missed a game originally, and mentioned that last week).

April 23-28 v Kansas, Cockeye x3
3-1 minimum required
1 game is Q3, 3 games are Q4 & all are home games (fucking Cockeye was expected to be a Q1 team, they're currently Q4)

-1 in W/L minimum required but at least Cockeye turned out to be a Q3 - at this moment - instead of a Q4. I do think there's a good chance they stay a Q3 as their remaining schedule is very favorable to them, and they still have Brecht & Morgan throwing 2 games every weekend.

April 30-May 5 v @ Pickle Smoochers, Kansas State, @ Minnesota x3
3-2 minimum required
1 game is Q1, 1 game is Q2 & 3 games are Q3

I still believe a 36-17 (36-16 prior to missing 1 game) regular season record will have our metrics good enough to make the NCAA tournament. Hosting looks to be off the table unless we go 4-1 this week then we should be back on the bubble as a host.
The KSU game is big

And we are behind Illinois and Purdue in the Big 10 right now, gonna be disappointing if they beat us out for the Big 10 regular season title

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
The KSU game is big

And we are behind Illinois and Purdue in the Big 10 right now, gonna be disappointing if they beat us out for the Big 10 regular season title

Both games this week are big. 1-1 is a must to keep hosting alive. Can't lose both then sweep Minnesota, it won't do anything for us from a host standpoint.

I don't think that's relevant to having a berth locked up. A 2nd or 3rd place finish with a 36-17 regular season record will have our metrics very strong. Sure, an argument can be made "regular season champs", with our metrics, dresses up our resume - I can agree with that, just don't think it's needed.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Both games this week are big. 1-1 is a must to keep hosting alive. Can't lose both then sweep Minnesota, it won't do anything for us from a host standpoint.

I don't think that's relevant to having a berth locked up. A 2nd or 3rd place finish with a 36-17 regular season record will have our metrics very strong. Sure, an argument can be made "regular season champs", with our metrics, dresses up our resume - I can agree with that, just don't think it's needed.
I just want us to win the Big Ten - regular season and tourney - every year going forward. Don’t like it that we are behind Illinois and Purdue right now

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Bolt just said on Sports Nightly that Horn is starting against Pickle Smoochers.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Good lord just get at least one of the midweek games. Neither team is exactly on a heater right now, particularly Pickle Smoochers. Take one, take two. I don't care at this point. Just don't go 0fer.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Two solo shots sandwiched around a Dylan Carey strikeout. 3-6 with one out in the 4th.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds