Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2023 Nebraska Baseball Thread (6 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
That's a brutal weekend.
The games are taking place in Minnesota, so they should be indoors. Hopefully that gives us a little advantage since we practice indoors during the winter. Plus these other schools will have much longer flights to get there.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
The games are taking place in Minnesota, so they should be indoors. Hopefully that gives us a little advantage since we practice indoors during the winter. Plus these other schools will have much longer flights to get there.

We have an 8-hour bus ride, unless things have changed from our previous trips to Minneapolis. We did have a charter to South Alabama which is the first time in forever so who knows.

Indoor hitting off of live pitching for us is pretty much non-existent. It happens in the Alex Gordon Center occasionally but it's so damn small it doesn't give us an advantage at all. It's not allowed in the Hawks Center.

It'll be interesting if they keep Olson-Kaminska on Friday-Saturday this weekend or try to match up Friday (Vandy) & Sunday (Ole Miss).

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Indoor hitting off of live pitching for us is pretty much non-existent. It happens in the Alex Gordon Center occasionally but it's so damn small it doesn't give us an advantage at all. It's not allowed in the Hawks Center.
Wells that’s stupid. I thought we just played baseball inside all winter

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We have an 8-hour bus ride, unless things have changed from our previous trips to Minneapolis. We did have a charter to South Alabama which is the first time in forever so who knows.

It'll be interesting if they keep Olson-Kaminska on Friday-Saturday this weekend or try to match up Friday (Vandy) & Sunday (Ole Miss).
Certainly they go live in the indoor cages, right? I mean, i know that facing live pitching in the batting cage doesn’t give you the same feel/feedback as hitting on the field but at least it’s something.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Certainly they go live in the indoor cages, right? I mean, i know that facing live pitching in the batting cage doesn’t give you the same feel/feedback as hitting on the field but at least it’s something.

Not much but yes. It's very difficult with a lot of risk. AG Center should be demolished or handed over to softball and a new facility should built for baseball.

Moos made quite a few promises and Alberts hasn't lifted a finger. Yet.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Bolt is going to get swept by them in the season series
Disagree Fucked Up GIF by Desus & Mero

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds