Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official 2023 Head Coaching Hot Board*** (1 Viewer)

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I genuinely think we have to hire a Urban Meyer type name or our program is dead.

I’d be content with Aranda or whittingham as they both have name recognition at this point and play tough.

But at the end of the day if we ever want to be a contender for anything we need Urban. Offer him 12.5 mill for 5 years guaranteed. Get us back on track. Put some respect back on our name and our program.
I'm not quite going as far as saying 'dead', but I'm with you on everything else.

redzoner

Cornerback
With this bad of a start and if Meyer was interested would you try and start him as coach midway through a season? I don't remember this happening, but it can't be worse.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
When Ohio State hired Urb, didn't they have two parallel staffs going for a while under some sort of loophole? This seems like a great opportunity for history to repeat itself.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Discussion at lunch just now that got me thinking:

What if Mickey coaches us to a win at OU and say, a 7-1 or 6-2 record the rest of the way?

Not that there’s a chance in hell of that happening, but interesting to think about.

Would Mickey get a look? It would be a very Nebraska thing to do.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member

What if Mickey coaches us to a win at OU and say, a 7-1 or 6-2 record the rest of the way?

Not that there’s a chance in hell of that happening, but interesting to think about.

If he pulls off that kind of miracle you gotta give him the keys IMO

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

Said this in another thread, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mickey Dabo'd his way into this thing.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

If Mickey goes 6-2 or 7-1 down the stretch, he may well win the West and I think you'd be dumb to not give him a serious look at that point

NoHoHank

Bench Warmer
Elite Member

From a P5 coach on this list:
O brien would take it
So would leipold
And chadwell
They can do better than grinch and entz
Troy Calhoun would be a solid hire
I don’t think Leonard is ready. Pittman ain’t leaving. Bielema ain’t leaving. Doubt Doeren does either

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds