Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official ‘Work Delayed by Crowdstrike’ thread (2 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
If you're dealing with this, the fix seems to be:

Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment.

⁠Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory.

⁠Locate the file matching C-00000291*.sys, and delete it.

⁠Boot the host normally.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If you're dealing with this, the fix seems to be:

Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment.

⁠Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory.

⁠Locate the file matching C-00000291*.sys, and delete it.

⁠Boot the host normally.
Don’t get me wrong, I have no issues doing this.

My company thinks I’m trust worthy enough to work in industrial plant systems that run plants that make millions…

…but when it comes to doing anything on my work laptop, not a chance. Have to call in and get an IT department guy to fix it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

My company thinks I’m trust worthy enough to work in industrial plant systems that run plants that make millions…

…but when it comes to doing anything on my work laptop, not a chance. Have to call in and get an IT department guy to fix it.
The Child D GIF by Disney+

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I was rather disappointed that everything was not down this morning. I was expecting it to be chaos. We only lost 3 or 4 minor hosted systems and it has not impacted me much this far.

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Total poop show here from this, have had my staff in here since 1 am working on systems.

Damn good product, too bad they shit the bed today on this.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

My dirty little secret is that an IT guy helping me out had to have me type in his admin password once, & he never changed it afterward, so now I can do all the small tasks myself that are needlessly locked down.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
The wife and I are stranded in Charleston SC. Flew down Wednesday from NYC for a wedding. Return flight canceled. No car rentals available. Amtrak is all booked up. It wouldn’t be an issue except we have two dogs at home and our pet sitter has another job starting today.
As someone who has two dogs and the burden it comes to finding a sitter for them and then also loves Charleston, SC hardcore, I'm really conflicted on how I should feel for you.

No other family or friends who could help? Would a tPBer suffice?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The wife and I are stranded in Charleston SC. Flew down Wednesday from NYC for a wedding. Return flight canceled. No car rentals available. Amtrak is all booked up. It wouldn’t be an issue except we have two dogs at home and our pet sitter has another job starting today.
I have warned all of you about the perils of dog ownership and yet you continue to make terrible decisions. Sad!

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
As someone who has two dogs and the burden it comes to finding a sitter for them and then also loves Charleston, SC hardcore, I'm really conflicted on how I should feel for you.

No other family or friends who could help? Would a tPBer suffice?
We were able to book an Amtrak for tomorrow morning. Hopefully that holds. Our sitter said she can come back to check on them/let them out through tomorrow night, but they’ll be on their own overnight tonight. So as of now, we’re tentatively in a good spot . . . As long as Amtrak holds up their end of the bargain (they already bumped us once).

Thank you for your concern, homie! 🙏

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
do what most toot sniffin New Yorkers do during stressful times. Get a mimosa and listen to some Bernie podcasts

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds