Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

October recruiting thread (4 Viewers)

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
This tackle class is commonly referred to as the worst class in a long time. So probably a good thing we didn’t spend too much time on it.
What is this, the NFL draft? We desperately need olineman and specifically tackle bodies. Do we really think we are going to land a top tackle anyway? The lack of depth at the top end of this tackle class should have 0 impact on our recruiting.

GBR305

Linebacker
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not really feeling Barta, Taylor, Crisp or Peters as recruits....

I also feel like we're taking too many TEs (Nelson, Flynt, Ingwerson, possibly Smith, possibly Clark.) Apparently Flynt and Ingwerson have no interest in switching positions either...

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
What is this, the NFL draft? We desperately need olineman and specifically tackle bodies. Do we really think we are going to land a top tackle anyway? The lack of depth at the top end of this tackle class should have 0 impact on our recruiting.
The lack of depth at the top end of the tackle class means more sharks are swimming in the shallow end, so yeah it has some effect.

Grant Brix wouldn't get an alabama offer in a typical year, IE

There will be a handful more converted TE's in this class than in others. A lot of schools that typically wouldn't go after projects are

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not really feeling Barta, Taylor, Crisp or Peters as recruits....

I also feel like we're taking too many TEs (Nelson, Flynt, Ingwerson, possibly Smith, possibly Clark.) Apparently Flynt and Ingwerson have no interest in switching positions either...
You're not alone. I just hope Rhule and staff know what they're doing taking all these guys they think they can turn into great football players. It kind of reminds me of Hoiberg, in that Hoiberg tried to replicate here what he did at Cockeye St and it took almost 3 seasons to realize he needed to change. And now Rhule seems to be doing the same.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
You're not alone. I just hope Rhule and staff know what they're doing taking all these guys they think they can turn into great football players. It kind of reminds me of Hoiberg, in that Hoiberg tried to replicate here what he did at Cockeye St and it took almost 3 seasons to realize he needed to change. And now Rhule seems to be doing the same.
Yeah the worry is that it's something that works in G5 and the Big12.

At the same time, I appreciate Rhule's experience in the NFL. Hopefully that gave him greater insight that makes him comfortable doubling down on his approach.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah the worry is that it's something that works in G5 and the Big12.

At the same time, I appreciate Rhule's experience in the NFL. Hopefully that gave him greater insight that makes him comfortable doubling down on his approach.
Yeah, some of the 'projects' he identified at earlier stops ended up in the NFL, which argues that methodology can work anywhere in college football. He also points to guys that make the NFL who weren't identified by FBS schools and come out of FCS.

The system typically used used to ID HS talent for recruiting has a damn high failure rate, so it's hard to say "the way it's always been done" is a safer approach anyway.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Any insight on why players are announcing they are transferring mid season? Seems odd. Think you would take the time to better yourself and remain in shape prior to the off season.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Any insight on why players are announcing they are transferring mid season? Seems odd. Think you would take the time to better yourself and remain in shape prior to the off season.
Maybe they see the writing on the wall or they are mentally weak, who knows.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds