Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NU's schedule: Looking ahead

Has ottomanelli kicked yet? If not can we try him please?

Naw, webrought him in to do nothing
On this front, I really think Rhule is trying to take this final year with mid-level/moderate expectations and redshirt guys wherever possible before next year when they are expected to jump from 8 wins to 9+

You can call it playing the long game, building roster depth, etc but it’s the only logical thought process after they’ve announced they’re redshirting the guys they’re redshirting and bringing in Hohl so late in the summer at kicker instead of just trotting the freshman out there

This team is going to look so drastically different next year across so many positions… you’ll see new starters at WR, RT, RG, C, CB, NT, DE, LB, S, P, and potentially K. My guess is next year is the year Rhule is going to really aim to lean on the roster development of this younger group and wants guys like RVP, Malachi, Nico to take the extra year of redshirting now versus wasting it for some of a season with lower expectations than what the future will hold

On this front, I really think Rhule is trying to take this final year with mid-level/moderate expectations and redshirt guys wherever possible before next year when they are expected to jump from 8 wins to 9+

You can call it playing the long game, building roster depth, etc but it’s the only logical thought process after they’ve announced they’re redshirting the guys they’re redshirting and bringing in Hohl so late in the summer at kicker instead of just trotting the freshman out there

This team is going to look so drastically different next year across so many positions… you’ll see new starters at WR, RT, RG, C, CB, NT, DE, LB, S, P, and potentially K. My guess is next year is the year Rhule is going to really aim to lean on the roster development of this younger group and wants guys like RVP, Malachi, Nico to take the extra year of redshirting now versus wasting it for some of a season with lower expectations than what the future will hold
So I’m betting 2026 will be our year to get a NC, right?

So I’m betting 2026 will be our year to get a NC, right?
'26 will be the start of your first playoff window. If Dylan leaves the team should still be loaded in '27 and a high level portal QB should be able to extend that window past his draft year. It should be a pretty attractive portal destination at that point

'25 should be a really athletic team but one figuring it out. High ceiling low floor

'26 will be the start of your first playoff window. If Dylan leaves the team should still be loaded in '27 and a high level portal QB should be able to extend that window past his draft year. It should be a pretty attractive portal destination at that point

'25 should be a really athletic team but one figuring it out. High ceiling low floor
Agreed with this on all fronts. I am concerned about opening with Cincinnati in Indianapolis next year- but as far as P4 non-conference opponents go UC is more favorable than about 90% of the teams out there. Akron and HCU after are two gimmies so if we can get past the Bearcats Having those two opponents next should hopefully allow us to “Grow” into the season:

IMG_2011.jpeg

Separately, I hope we keep the series against Tennessee in ‘26 and ‘27. Nico in year 3 v Dylan in year 3 will be insane if we keep developing the way we are and Tennessee sticks around as a contender:

IMG_2012.jpeg

Agreed with this on all fronts. I am concerned about opening with Cincinnati in Indianapolis next year- but as far as P4 non-conference opponents go UC is more favorable than about 90% of the teams out there. Akron and HCU after are two gimmies so if we can get past the Bearcats Having those two opponents next should hopefully allow us to “Grow” into the season:

View attachment 42434

Separately, I hope we keep the series against Tennessee in ‘26 and ‘27. Nico in year 3 v Dylan in year 3 will be insane if we keep developing the way we are and Tennessee sticks around as a contender:

View attachment 42435
Nico is RS freshman. Will likely be in the NFL when we play them in 2026

View attachment 42434

View attachment 42435
Who is HCU?
Holy Cross U?

Lincoln Rhyme GIF by NBC

Agree completely. Lots of new starters next year on both sides. The experience gained in 25 will pay huge dividends in 26 and Raiola will be the best QB in the country in 26.

When do we ever get better during the season? We’ve now lost 5 straight Big Ten games. We have several ST’s issues that aren’t getting fixed this year. We are now onto our 3rd string LT and we are a below average Oline with a true frosh QB who doesn’t move well. We have a defense that is regressing and doesn’t have near the depth/talent we thought it had up front.

I’d say at this point we all know exactly what is coming. It’s the same story of the last decade.

I’m sure we’ll come out and play well to start against Purdoodoo but we won’t play a full game. They’ll hang around and likely beat us at the end.
We don’t. Final year for the program. Sounds like we are bringing in hockey and transforming memorial stadium into a multi-purpose volleyball/hockey rink.

Gonna be pretty badass from what I heard.

Rutgers is a really good team.

I think we win Purdoodoo, Indiana, ucla, and then one other random game to close the season out with 7.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back