Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NU's schedule: Looking ahead

Would be a total letdown with 6-6 or 7-5; neither is good enough for the money we are spending on players/coaching staff/facilities/and support staff. 8-4 before a bowl game would be about where I expected us at the beginning of the year.

It really feels like they will fail to capitalize in recruiting with Raiola.

Raiola made this mistake of waiting too long to recruit others with him.
Staff isn’t really getting playmakers in recruiting either.

If they don’t get someone this year they probably won’t get anyone with Raiola in his career.

Would be a total letdown with 6-6 or 7-5; neither is good enough for the money we are spending on players/coaching staff/facilities/and support staff. 8-4 before a bowl game would be about where I expected us at the beginning of the year.
This is correct.

Last yr was a 7-5 level team that we played and coached down to 5-7 (bad QB play, end game decisions).

This yr is an 8-4 level team. Rhule is being paid to coach them up to the level we are paying for.

We obviously have things to correct but I am going to give Illinois credit. Say what you want about Bert but his O lines are always good and physical. His defense is always physical and his whole team is very disciplined. Now that said we still laid a complete egg in OT and there is no excuse for that.
I often wonder where he gets the energy to do it. Especially when I look at how he must struggle with calorie intake.

And yes, I'm serious. I'm so much more energetic and get more accomplished since I lost weight by fasting the last 1.5 years.

Is Nebraska not allowed to improve as the season progresses? What we saw last night doesn’t have to define the rest of the year. I truly believe this NU team has the potential to grow and get better as the season unfolds.
When do we ever get better during the season? We’ve now lost 5 straight Big Ten games. We have several ST’s issues that aren’t getting fixed this year. We are now onto our 3rd string LT and we are a below average Oline with a true frosh QB who doesn’t move well. We have a defense that is regressing and doesn’t have near the depth/talent we thought it had up front.

I’d say at this point we all know exactly what is coming. It’s the same story of the last decade.

I’m sure we’ll come out and play well to start against Purdoodoo but we won’t play a full game. They’ll hang around and likely beat us at the end.

When do we ever get better during the season? We’ve now lost 5 straight Big Ten games. We have several ST’s issues that aren’t getting fixed this year. We are now onto our 3rd string LT and we are a below average Oline with a true frosh QB who doesn’t move well. We have a defense that is regressing and doesn’t have near the depth/talent we thought it had up front.

I’d say at this point we all know exactly what is coming. It’s the same story of the last decade.

I’m sure we’ll come out and play well to start against Purdoodoo but we won’t play a full game. They’ll hang around and likely beat us at the end.

I don't disagree that NU has not made much improvement in season over the past ten years.

But I am also considering NU is only 1 year and 4 games into a new coaching regime after taking over from a coach that went 19-37. Shit doesn't change overnight and my eyes are telling me that this team can still do something.

It’s going to be really hard to beat Indiana on the road and I could see Rutgers doing the same shit Illinois did. Nebraska needs to figure some shit out quick.
I think we match up well with Indiana, but I don’t underestimate the road atmosphere, especially if they’re rolling.

It really feels like they will fail to capitalize in recruiting with Raiola.

Raiola made this mistake of waiting too long to recruit others with him.
Staff isn’t really getting playmakers in recruiting either.

If they don’t get someone this year they probably won’t get anyone with Raiola in his career.
I think they’ll get some portal WRs this year because of Raiola.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back