Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Notes from Sipple on Remaining Staff Hires (1 Viewer)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
"It's obviously unclear if Matt Rhule would've kept Mickey Joseph aboard but there's clarity in how Rhule is handling the rest of Nebraska's assistants from the previous staff.

Only offensive line coach Donovan Raiola received an extensive interview this week. I'm told he was interviewed for an hour by Rhule and an hour by offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield.

As of early Friday afternoon, there was no official word on who would coach Nebraska's offensive line going forward.

I'm told the rest of Nebraska's 2022 assistant coaches had brief "exit" conversations with Rhule. Pretty much as expected.

I'm also told Rhule reached out to Jim Leonhard about Nebraska's defensive coordinator vacancy. My read right now is it's not going to happen, as I don't think the conversation went very far. But we'll keep monitoring the situation."

Hopefully Sipple is wrong yet again and Leonard is considering, but hopefully he is right that Rhule offered him the job. It would be an insane hire and at least gives us an idea of what kind of coach he's after for the position.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I'm also told Rhule reached out to Jim Leonhard about Nebraska's defensive coordinator vacancy. My read right now is it's not going to happen, as I don't think the conversation went very far. But we'll keep monitoring the situation."
He is so N right now given Sipps reputation.

Jim would likely be close to a 2 mil DC

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
He is so N right now given Sipps reputation.

Jim would likely be close to a 2 mil DC
And if Christian Jones supposedly knows who the DC is? And Westside has a decent connection to that stupid school in Madison. Don't want to get my hopes up but I guess it wouldn't surprise me. When DB was still on 1620, he would always sing the praises of Leonhard.

NTXHusker

Linebacker
Given Sip's track record I almost expect us to fire Rhule and hire Leonhard as grand chancellor of sports

HuskerFan14

Defensive Lineman
"It's obviously unclear if Matt Rhule would've kept Mickey Joseph aboard but there's clarity in how Rhule is handling the rest of Nebraska's assistants from the previous staff.

Only offensive line coach Donovan Raiola received an extensive interview this week. I'm told he was interviewed for an hour by Rhule and an hour by offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield.

As of early Friday afternoon, there was no official word on who would coach Nebraska's offensive line going forward.

I'm told the rest of Nebraska's 2022 assistant coaches had brief "exit" conversations with Rhule. Pretty much as expected.

Hopefully Sipple is wrong yet again and Leonard is considering, but hopefully he is right that Rhule offered him the job. It would be an insane hire and at least gives us an idea of what kind of coach he's after for the position.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Leonard takes an NFL DC Job.

Herbie

Quarterback
Are there any good young respected high school head coaches in Nebraska? Seems like a Rhule move to hire one.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Are there any good young respected high school head coaches in Nebraska? Seems like a Rhule move to hire one.
Did we send a guy to Texas today to recruit? Last i heard Rhule’s gonna own central Texas beeellccchhhh fuckin potatos

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
And if Christian Jones supposedly knows who the DC is? And Westside has a decent connection to that stupid school in Madison. Don't want to get my hopes up but I guess it wouldn't surprise me. When DB was still on 1620, he would always sing the praises of Leonhard.
He was talking him up today on his new radio show

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds