Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Not freaking out/ Freaking out (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Guys,

We knew we are not at Michigan's level, so I'm not freaking out. Even if we were at full strength, which we were far from due to numerous injuries, we would still be at a disadvantage in every group matchup. We were out classed all over the field. Name one sport where you can be successful in that situation, I'll wait.

That being said, it won't be the case moving forward for the rest of the season starting with Illinois. So, the slate of winnable games starts now and Michigan can be safely stored in a box of memories rarely opened. Look forward!

Everywhere I looked yesterday there were really young players on the field even in the 1st and 2nd series in the 1st quarter. Rhule is gonna squeeze development out of some guys through baptism by fire or he will know who to process.

A few things I am freaking out about are...

1: I heavily questioned Tristan Alvano after last week. This week he highlighted my concern. I don't give a shit what he did in high school. I assume 95% of kickers in college got there because of some level of success in high school. We need a guy who is good in college. Now. Not two years from now. Not two weeks. When points come at a premium we can't afford to throw away 3. There is also a psychological cost incurred by your team with every failed FG. Part of Tristan's job is to deliver some confidence to his team through his leg. Give them a boost not a bummer.

2: Fucking injuries. I'm assuming we lost Singleton and will consider it a miracle if I'm wrong. We aren't suffering little bruises and week to week style incidents. We seem to suffer everything to a maximum effect. I know nothing can really be done about it, but it is alarming nonetheless.

3: The continued focus on building facilities before building a team. Big screens, turnstiles, luxury boxes and ..... actual quote......"more food menu items" at the stadium do not help you recover a muffed punt or keep your LT from commiting a false start penalty constantly at the worst moments. Our eyeballs, focus, energy and attention needs to be less centered on architecture models and their social media presentations and more on the on field product.....by everyone.

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Guys,

We knew we are not at Michigan's level, so I'm not freaking out. Even if we were at full strength, which we were far from due to numerous injuries, we would still be at a disadvantage in every group matchup. We were out classed all over the field. Name one sport where you can be successful in that situation, I'll wait.

That being said, it won't be the case moving forward for the rest of the season starting with Illinois. So, the slate of winnable games starts now and Michigan can be safely stored in a box of memories rarely opened. Look forward!

Everywhere I looked yesterday there were really young players on the field even in the 1st and 2nd series in the 1st quarter. Rhule is gonna squeeze development out of some guys through baptism by fire or he will know who to process.

1: I heavily questioned Tristan Alvano after last week. This week he highlighted my concern. I don't give a shit what he did in high school. I assume 95% of kickers in college got there because of some level of success in high school. We need a guy who is good in college. Now. Not two years from now. Not two weeks. When points come at a premium we can't afford to throw away 3. There is also a psychological cost incurred by your team with every failed FG. Part of Tristan's job is to deliver some confidence to his team through his leg. Give them a boost not a bummer.

2: Fucking injuries. I'm assuming we lost Singleton and will consider it a miracle if I'm wrong. We aren't suffering little bruises and week to week style incidents. We seem to suffer everything to a maximum effect. I know nothing can really be done about it, but it is alarming nonetheless.

3: The continued focus on building facilities before building a team. Big screens, turnstiles, luxury boxes and ..... actual quote......"more food menu items" at the stadium do not help you recover a muffed punt or keep your LT from commiting a false start penalty constantly at the worst moments. Our eyeballs, focus, energy and attention needs to be less centered on architecture models and their social media presentations and more on the on field product.....by everyone.
#3 is important.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Guys,

Your #3 is why Nebraska will never be good again. There is 0 pressure to actually win anymore. Nebraska is more than fine being fat and happy, it’s pathetic and I really hope the fans finally tell the AD to fuck off.

I left at half yesterday and that stadium was dead from the opening snap.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Another thing.....

I find it hilarious that Tommi Hill found a way to extend his streak of "that's not helping" plays by getting blown up on special teams. At this rate he is going to run out of ways to hurt us if he keeps this up. By Cockeye he's going to have to kick one of their extra points for them.

Have you ever seen a guy just never contribute anything good ever, ever, ever???
You'd think he would luck into a positive play, but nope, just more highlights for the guys on the other side.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Another thing.....

I find it hilarious that Tommi Hill found a way to extend his streak of "that's not helping" plays by getting blown up on special teams. At this rate he is going to run out of ways to hurt us if he keeps this up. By Cockeye he's going to have to kick one of their extra points for them.

Have you ever seen a guy just never contribute anything good ever, ever, ever???
You'd think he would luck into a positive play, but nope, just more highlights for the guys on the other side.
He had that one play where he didn't get called for PI. Just saying.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds