Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Northwestern Game Week (3 Viewers)

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
Think about our wide receivers today after Kemp got hurt….
Coleman, Doss, Lloyd all freshmen and Bullock and Hahn both never seeing the field before this year.
A 4th string RB in Johnson.
A back up QB

Crazy but this staff works hard to develop players. I continue to be impressed.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
It's going to be a hard team for guys to not work their asses off constantly because the effort clearly translates to opportunities.

If you had told me that they have the defensive numbers that they do and Butler, Gbayor, Buckley, James Williams, John Bullock, and a shit load of freshmen are getting meaningful reps, I would have never believed it.
This staff is really using the 4 game redshirt rule to its advantage. Putting players out there to see what they can do but coaching them for specific scenarios to where they can be successful. They are being much more creative than the old staff.

COYS

Linebacker
Jeezus…. Let’s interview a kid for one play. I guess they need fresh meat to feed the taters.
stop, it’s a cool story about a kid who bet on himself and made a significant impact in a B1G game. I am sure he was in high demand as nobody, media and fans alike, had any clue who he was. It’s a neat story that deserves to be told.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
stop, it’s a cool story about a kid who bet on himself and made a significant impact in a B1G game. I am sure he was in high demand as nobody, media and fans alike, had any clue who he was. It’s a neat story that deserves to be told.
Yeah @Ripping Lips, stop ripping into a good kid with a good story from today!

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Yeah @Ripping Lips, stop ripping into a good kid with a good story from today!
I'm sorry and I have nothing against the kid and glad he was worked his off and made a few plays. It's the media that bugs me and some of the corny questions they ask, that's all. They would interview the waterboy if they had a chance to make a story for someone.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Nebraska’s post-grad camp in June continued to yield results on Saturday, as Cockeye Central defensive end James Williams announced he committed to Nebraska.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Williams was one of several junior college prospects to workout for Nebraska and impress the Husker coaching staff.

“It was crazy,” Williams told Husker247. “I got invited to their post-grad prospect camp which was only for people past high school. I impressed them so much that I got invited up to meet coach Rhule. He looked at my situation and said, ‘can we get you now?’ and I was like, ‘1,000 percent.’

“It’s kind of late in the recruiting process, but he was like, ‘we need you on campus now, I’ll do whatever it takes’ and now I’m here.”

Williams stayed in contact with Nebraska for a few days after the camp and on June 16 — his birthday — Nebraska called with a spot. The opportunity will initially be a walk-on spot for Williams, who will work with both the defensive ends and outside linebackers when he arrives in Lincoln. He will have three seasons of eligibility as a Husker.

“I’m actually in both groups right now — outside linebacker and D-line,” Williams said. “I talked to Coach (Tony) White a lot and he said ‘I think you’re fast enough to do both and strong enough to do both, just whichever you’re best at, we’ll put you there.’”

In his lone season of junior college football, Williams recorded 19 tackles and six sacks and earned defensive MVP honors in Cockeye Central’s bowl game.

"It was a rough start. Having to adjust to the college game, it took me a minute to get my feet under me and I ended up starting toward the end of the year and won defensive MVP of the bowl game,” Williams said.

Williams played his high school football at Park Hill South, where he had a productive senior season, making 108 tackles and 18 sacks as a senior. He held walk-on offers from Power Five programs, but the interest dried up because of his grades.

“I didn’t have the grades to go to any school at the D-1 level,” he said. “That’s why I ended up at the junior college ranks. I had PWO offers from K-State, Missouri, Kansas and at one point Arkansas, but all those schools couldn’t take me because I didn’t have the grades to be on the team. They vanished and I went to JUCO.”

Credit for Nebraska’s coaching staff with getting Williams to the camp in Lincoln. Williams said he’d planned to attend a camp at Alabama, but changed course late following the invite.

He will now head to Lincoln on Monday to begin his career with the Huskers. He said he’s well aware of what’s ahead for him from his time living in Omaha.

“This is a very proud football program and to even be considered, it’s an honor,” he said. “I grew up in Omaha, so I was super excited to come down and start right away to learn the playbook and start building chemistry with my teammates.”

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm sorry and I have nothing against the kid and glad he was worked his off and made a few plays. It's the media that bugs me and some of the corny questions they ask, that's all. They would interview the waterboy if they had a chance to make a story for someone.
I’m okay with it. Every week, the same guys get the interviews. Nice to make someone else have their moment.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
I'll give McKewon credit, he was spot on when he said this is probably the least talented team we've had. Hopefully the freshmen getting reps on O will start to pay dividends next year

And to think we're 4-3 with this roster too. Makes you wonder what we can do with a better talented roster. Hopefully this means the future is bright for us.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds