Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

No License Plate on Front of Car (2 Viewers)

Frankie51

Defensive Lineman
Noticed some cars in Nebraska don’t have a license plate on the front of their car. Doesn’t Nebraska law require you have one on the front and back?

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Noticed some cars in Nebraska don’t have a license plate on the front of their car. Doesn’t Nebraska law require you have one on the front and back?
Nebraska requires two unless you pay extra to just have one. They'll give you a windshield sticker in that case. Really doesn't make a ton of sense to me to do it unless you've got a nice sports car without a front bracket or something, but to each their own.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Arizona only requires ONE (in the back, fyi).

corvette deal with it GIF

;)

#Freedom

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

Not if you're a pimp daddy and can afford a Benz, Maserati, Land Rover, Denali on roids. Those types don't get pulled over.

Freebird

Wingback
Insider
Sports car enthusiasts (or even car enthusiasts in general) sometimes prefer not to have a front plate for looks. Having a front plate really does make some cars not look as good on the front.

I know 4-5 years ago a classic car group in Nebraska was pushing the legislature to pass a law allowing no front plates because they didn’t like the look of having a front plate on an old classic. My guess is they finally got the bill passed

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
My front plate on my truck got ripped off when going thru Rocket Car Wash. I have never put it back on, and it's been over a year. I have it in my truck in case I for some reason get pulled over (even added the new sticker), but it has never been an issue so far and I have driven past plenty of cops.

ISUforNU

Cornerback
Elite Member

Single License Plate Option​

Beginning January 1 2017, one license plate may be issued, upon request for any passenger car which is not equipped with a bracket on the front of the vehicle to display a license plate. A license decal shall be issued with the license plates and shall be displayed on the driver's side of the windshield. In order to request a single license plate and license decal, there shall be an additional annual nonrefundable registration fee of fifty dollars ($50) plus the cost of the decal paid to the county treasurer at the time of registration. We advise you to put the sticker in the upper left corner of your window so it is visible in the winter if there is snow on your car. You will receive a new decal every year when you renew your single plate registration. If at any time you want to put a bracket on your vehicle and go back to two plates you will have to surrender the single plate and receive a new set of plates. If you have a specialty plate it will be retained and we will order a second plate from the state. This option is not available on a truck. With this option you will not be able to renew your registration online. It must be processed in person or by mail.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds