Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Old License Plates (1 Viewer)

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
FYI - It happens every 3 years when Nebraska changes the license plates that we see old license plates on vehicles 4 months into the year. I counted 10 cars today alone while running my errands.

1 - I can’t believe that they aren’t getting pulled over more.
2- I can’t believe that people are ignorant enough to not realize they’re expired. ( A lot of these vehicles are well cared for - not all hunkers)

I can see January and sometimes February especially for those on tight budgets seeing a lot of them but I saw more expired plates today than I’ve seen in a couple of weeks.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I tend to like people that break rules and shit like that.

I also like responsible people who won't indirectly raise my taxes.

Like anything, two things can frequently be true at once.

There once was a lady at my work in sales that didn't license her new vehicle for years...plural. It drove the head of our compliance department crazy - which was funny that she was regularly about ready to lose her shit.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
I got pulled over once by a state patrol who was going the opposite direction on Highway 50 who noticed I had an expired TAG not license plate. How did that guy have the eyesight to recognize that? Ever since then I’ve been paranoid!😂

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
They do not give a flying fuck about that here in Dallas. I was walking through a parking lot awhile back and I saw cars with tags that were 4-5+ years overdue.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Bought a new vehicle last month and I’m very tempted to not even plate it / pay the sales tax due to the huge amount of people in Omaha with the obviously expired plates.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Bought a new vehicle last month and I’m very tempted to not even plate it / pay the sales tax due to the huge amount of people in Omaha with the obviously expired plates.
Back when I was a paperboy, and the bundle-hauler would bring the stack of newspapers to my house (yes, this is a very old-fashioned sentence), the hauler I had for a while had homemade in-transit tags on his truck, and would just replace those with new homemade tags every month. He did that for well over a year; I never saw his vehicle with plates on it.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I knew of someone who had previous state plates for years in new state

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
The only thing Cockeye gets right is their plain black plates with white lettering. State name on top, license # in the middle, county name on the bottom.
Colorado has those now too, no county though. You can get Black, Red, or Blue.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I got pulled over once by a state patrol who was going the opposite direction on Highway 50 who noticed I had an expired TAG not license plate. How did that guy have the eyesight to recognize that? Ever since then I’ve been paranoid!😂
Probably using AI now-a-days daddio

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds