Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NFL - Do you care?

Co-signed. Mrs. LHR knows she's a CFB widow for 4 months out of the year. I don't ask for much, but spending my Saturday afternoons (and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and now Friday nights) watching hut hut is something that's non-negotiable.

As for the NFL - even prior to their virtue signaling fan suppression tactics - it was never my thing. Excellent athletes, fewer mistakes, better coaching and yet ... boring to my eyes. I don't disparage my buddies who love both - it's football, after all - and they know I'm strictly a CFB guy.
Totally with you. It should be a better product with better coaching, athletes, less mistakes - but it is so bland to me. Maybe if the regular season meant more, but if you go 8-8 you'll probably get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Just doesn't capture my attention. That and a bunch of overweight middle aged men wearing XXL-Long nfl jerseys around is odd.

Do you have a fave team? - The Bears (they make Nebraska football look like a well oiled machine)

Do you care about the Draft? - Used too until I got too busy with work/had a kid.

Do you play FFB? - only twice when I was overseas, I'd rather gamble on games

Do you just bet the games? - "I don't have a gambling problem I have a competition problem." -- MJ

EdJLt12X0AElN56.jpg

Herm Edward's and Todd Haley almost ruined NFL sundays for me entirely as a chiefs fan.. Then fat corch Andy came along, coupled with Hill and fat dick Mahomes and its must see TV again.

I rarely watch a game that the chiefs aren't playing in, aside from playoffs.

Steelers are my team, but I don't lose any sleep over them.

I usually read a recap of the draft but don't watch it.

Haven't played FFB the last two years... Had previously played every year since 1990. Can't say I miss it that much but would play again.

I watch probably a one game a week... usually Sunday night. My interest is way less than it used to be, that's for sure.

I watch a lot more college football, but Nebraska has made that much less enjoyable as of late.

Packers fan by the grace of God.

The draft is on in its entirety at my house.

Fantasy football is D&D for sports nerds.

I bet occasionally.

Do you have a fave team? - no, cheer more for players. Big fan of Brady and the tampa bay Huskers

Do you care about the Draft? Sort of, it’s entertaining to watch the first round, it’s a lot more enjoyable when the Huskers actually have a couple guys who are being considered and not battling for a 7th round pick or FA.

Do you play FFB? Hell no

Do you just bet the games? I bet as well

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back