Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Never forget: in 2004, Turd thought Nebraska should hire Kirk Ferentz (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
For those who think Turd wouldn't hire Monken.

Pretty interesting to watch his rationale for hiring Ferentz (toughness, preparation, organization etc) and apply it to this search. And TBF.... as gross as it is, Nebraska would be in much better shape if we DID hire Kirk Ferentz in 2004.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Well in 2004 they were coming off a 10-2 season at Cockeye. They beat ranked Ohio St, ranked Wisconsin, ranked LSU. The year before that they were 10-3, year before that 11-2...so yeah I could see why someone would think that.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well in 2004 they were coming off a 10-2 season at Cockeye. They beat ranked Ohio St, ranked Vadgers, ranked LSU. The year before that they were 10-3, year before that 11-2...so yeah I could see why someone would think that.
I'm not even disagreeing with 2004 Turd. If NU actually did make that hire we certainly wouldn't be in the shit circus we're in now. So in that sense, Turd was right.

But it does shed some light into what Turd has always probably valued in a program leader.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I have no doubt that Turd is a sincere guy, but it's kinda funny and jarring to remember back to when he had that kinda sarcastic hot take artist persona on TV, going back and forth with Mark May all the time haha. Nowadays he really leans into the "aw shucks I'm just a midwestern guy" bit.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Can you imagine if Kirk had access to way better talent?

Shit I’d hate to have a few 12 win seasons, multiple BCS bowls, etc.

I’d much rather have the success of Callahan, Pelini, Riley, Frost.

678647-F1-3435-4336-9384-CCF685-AAACB3.jpg

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

He'd still hire his Ruprecht the Monkey Boy of a son as his OC, so naw.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

But the reason he doesn't have more talent is because he's him. So being the coach at Nebraska would just mean we're Cockeye.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
For those who think Turd wouldn't hire Monkey Tits.

Pretty interesting to watch his rationale for hiring Ferentz (toughness, preparation, organization etc) and apply it to this search. And TBF.... as gross as it is, Nebraska would be in much better shape if we DID hire Kirk Ferentz in 2004.

In 2004 it made pretty good sense. Would have been a good hire in 2004.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
In 2004 it made pretty good sense. Would have been a good hire in 2004.
IIRC in 2004 Cockeye was much the little guy. And Ferentz was the little guy coach. And Nebraska was just 3 yrs removed from playing for the national title. At the time it was like Alabama going to hire Matt Campbell.

But I agree that 18 yrs later it makes perfect sense. But at the time it was a hot take that no one else was saying except Turd.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not even disagreeing with 2004 Turd. If NU actually did make that hire we certainly wouldn't be in the shit circus we're in now. So in that sense, Turd was right.

But it does shed some light into what Turd has always probably valued in a program leader.
Kirk would have got fired at Nebraska.

Wheelz

Bench Warmer
Keep in mind that was almost 20 years ago... people grow, learn and change as they mature. Can't really judge him today for what he did back then. He might have handled it or said something differently if that was today. Although have to admit Ferentz probably would have been a solid hire knowing what we know now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds